need new tires for my DD cobra. ideas welcome

hazmat404

Addict
Apr 26, 2005
well i got a flat today and its about that time to get new tires anyways. i have stock wheels on my 03 (17x9). im looking for something that they will have maybe in stock because i cannot wait weeks for them unless i just get one replaced and wait for the new ones to come in. its my DD and its used year round right now (probably has one more winter before i buy another car for winter). so im guessing the best size would be 275/40/17. i thought i heard 295 could fit but not 100% sure. just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for the DD cobra :)

hazmat404

Addict
Apr 26, 2005
well i decided im going more of a summer tire for the back and keep all seasons up front. then come winter ill just throw some decent winter tires on a different set of wheels. im looking at 3 tires as of now. any opinions on these guys? yokohama s.drive, firestone firehawk wide oval and the general tire exclaim uhp. about $40 price range between all 3 but i dont mind spending a few more bucks for something thats a little nicer too.

VIPERKILLER

ViperKiller Inc.Since '99
Apr 11, 2006
check out the ratings that customers give the tires on tire rack or discount tire direct. you can easily weed out the underperforming tires in wet conditions and whatnot. and you can see what kind of car they had them on. so ur not taking advice from some with a geo metro.

VIPERKILLER

ViperKiller Inc.Since '99
Apr 11, 2006
yeah i looked at all 3 through discounttire.come and tirerack.com they were all were pretty close to each other when it comes to ratings. do any stores carry stuff like this in their store or do they usually have to order this stuff and wait 1-3 days?

i think the discount tire in palatine on rand carries a lot of sizes. but not the funky ones.

Egreen99

Addict
May 26, 2004
for the price you can't beat

Kuhmo Escta supra or AGX???
Firehawk GT or indy
try riken raptor they are made my michelin have them on my DD mazda5

go on Ebay and call the discount tire number on there the prices are $20-40 cheaper on Ebay than on discount tire.com dont know why but they are

I got my Rikens for $80 each ebay disounttire site, on their wesite they were 119.99 talk to andy he hooked it up.

uofipilot

Regular
Jun 29, 2008
2x 315 Nitto R's in back
4x blizzaks for the winter

315s on a 9 inch rim? Would that work at all?

To OP, I would see what the pricing is on BFGoodrich G-Force Sports. I have them on my 97, and for the price, they are a great tire. I have zero traction issues (well...sometimes....but that's not the tire's fault) and they have good treadlife. Check em out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info