eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
2niqgj8.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Question:

Isn't Launch control just Rev lock/clutch dump?

can't you get nearly identical results just from launching it carefully, or does the button do something you physically cannot emulate?

GT-Rs only come with a dual-clutch automated manual transmission, not a true manual.

Launching from idle or power braking doesn't give much of an advantage from what I've read

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
In general, launch control will allow the revs to raise against a standard setting, like 4500 rpm, and when you step off the brake or dump the clutch, the engine's throttle and traction control systems will limit wheel spin to create the best launch.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
In general, launch control will allow the revs to raise against a standard setting, like 4500 rpm, and when you step off the brake or dump the clutch, the engine's throttle and traction control systems will limit wheel spin to create the best launch.

So, in theory, you can replicate it given practice more than likely...

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
On what? I hope you don't mean the vette considering that car is all essentially one material...

I don't see GM cars with factory non matching bumpers. Shit looks like carnica painted it. I guess thats what you get with a 80K car though. Nissan has the WORST paint in the auto industry.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I don't see GM cars with factory non matching bumpers. Shit looks like carnica painted it. I guess thats what you get with a 80K car though. Nissan has the WORST paint in the auto industry.

LOL

Its a MIRACLE that my Berettas paint is still intact, look at Turd gens, and damn near anything GM made until the late 90's.

My moms 1990 nissan maxima still had shiney, non peeling/fading paint until the day it died at 187K miles of it never being washed or maintained.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info