Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
With the 2010 Ford Mustang set to be unveiled in November, time is running out for tuners to put out special edition Mustangs. Saleen seems to have saved its best for last and will be unveiling a "Dark Horse" Mustang next week. The super-Stang will feature the 620 horsepower V8 from the S302 Extreme plus the SuperShaker system that combines a functional ram air system with Saleen's twin-screw supercharger system - a first for a Saleen production car. The "Dark Horse" will sport the Heritage body style and have additional features exclusive to the model. Production will begin in the Fall of 2008, and only 25 will be produced. Our best guess for the "Dark Horse" moniker is that the car will feature an all matte-black paint scheme. We'll bring you all the details of the car after its official debut next week.

400px-Logo-autoblog-com.gif

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
I still can't get the fact that my brother has a V6 mustang (newest gen, an '06), claims he has a "chip" in it, has a huge ass stereo box in it, and thinks that he can take me in my car.

now we have a "dark horse" that won't look much different than anything else in this generation (except the GT500 and GT500KR).

These cars are all about fail...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
look at what the gt500 runs. high 12s w/ a 500HP car is pathetic, im sure this pig will do near the same.

i would have to disagree...

im far from a ford guy, but look what terminators can do with a pulley a tune and a tire- 120hp over that gt500 is a lot. also... a twin screw actually compresses the air... where as gt500s are just a roots type blower... no compression goin on there.

and i thought i read somewhere that stock the gt500s are as quick as low 12s... :shrug:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
SALEEN INCORPORATED REVEALS LIMITED EDITION “DARK HORSE” VEHICLE

It has been an incredible year for Saleen, Inc, America’s premiere niche vehicle manufacturer, with the elite 25th Anniversary Sterling Signature Edition, the unveiling of the S5S Raptor at the New York Auto Show, production of the Dan Gurney Edition, release of the Racecraft brand and the much anticipated reveal of the 2009 Dark Horse Extreme Edition. With a limited production of 25 coupes being built, this has become a classic round up of high end performance at Saleen.

The Product
The Dark Horse provides 620HP with 600 ft.-lbs of torque with Speedlab SuperShaker option supplying exclusive styling while enhancing performance. “The vehicle takes advantage of the ram effect into the SuperShaker air box,” states Dan Agnew, Powertrain Engineering Manager, “It increases pressure in the air box, which adds boost by 0.5 psi and holds air charge temperature relatively constant even with the higher boost.”

Styling
This 25 unit special run combines the power and handling of the Saleen Extreme and the exclusive Heritage body style with interior and exterior cues found only in the “Dark Horse”. The elite Flat Black Exterior graphics and identification, Saleen serialized engine plaque, Navigation System and sport leather seating with Alcantara inserts adds to the exquisite style of this limited edition vehicle.

Content
“The Dark Horse provides the capability of extreme horsepower and provides the detailed look our customers expect. By merging the Super Shaker with the Extreme powertrain we have created a no compromise solution for people looking for both performance and classic Mustang looks,” states Marc Musial, Chief Powertrain Engineer.

The Dark Horse includes:

* Saleen Port Matched Series VI Integrated Screw type supercharger
* Forged aluminum pistons
* Forged steel connecting rods
* Forged steel crankshaft

The composition of the Dark Horse provides the most intense Saleen ride yet.

Production
The production of the Dark Horse begins November 2008.

Salee-Dark-Horse-Mustang.jpg

medium_2890175128_8916bacc68_o.jpg

medium_2889340581_9396a12ca3_o.jpg

medium_2890161788_affdb91305_o.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info