Headers

GerRrg281

FORD POWER!
Sep 25, 2006
thinking about getting headers for the mustang before moving out to Michigan for the summer.

SLP long tubes!

anybody have procedures, i know there are a couple ways to do it...and i know there have been write ups posted before, so maybe post those up if you can find one

i know when i got my car tuned, the guy said i had bad O2 sensors, but i dont believe him...car ran great before, and never threw a code. So he said he tuned it to run open loop all the time (just programmed it to stoich, or close to, at the cars current state)...and thats hows its been running, no problems since.

although i think i want to try and get it into closed loop (use the O2 sensors) so i can have better gas milage...but if i do that, i think i'd have to get it re-tuned, and i dont think i want to bring it back to the same guy?...how many tuners are there in the chicagoland area?

actually....im not too concerned about who i bring it to, i have no complaints about my initial tune....just questioning the fact if i have bad O2 sensors....would like to check that out for myself

I think Kurgan did the original tune on Greg's car. Kurgan tuned my car and it put down 271/303 with full bolt ons. First run was 254/289. Final run was 271/303. I think he did 5 pulls. I would definitely recommend you take the car back to Kurgan to have it retuned when you do headers. DynotuneMP (sponsor on chicagolandmustang.com) and Sutton HP also do tuning, and I have heard great things about both.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info