red gtx

Regular
Jul 3, 2007
Elgin
Last edited:

AlwaysVTEC

Addict
Mar 20, 2008
Well, if you have an extrenal wastegate check the spring. if its only rated for 10psi then it doesnt matter how high you turn it up it will remain at the max.

Next i would check your blow-off device.... so times if they are not installed properly you can lose boost through a faulty or cheap (ebay) bov. If thats not the culprit, check your vacume lines from the waste-gate to the boost controler. make sure their is no kinks, cracks, holes ect... hope this helps.

oh check your intercooler pipeing couplers..... if they become lose or not properly sealed it will cause these type of head aches

red gtx

Regular
Jul 3, 2007
Elgin
Well, if you have an extrenal wastegate check the spring. if its only rated for 10psi then it doesnt matter how high you turn it up it will remain at the max.

Next i would check your blow-off device.... so times if they are not installed properly you can lose boost through a faulty or cheap (ebay) bov. If thats not the culprit, check your vacume lines from the waste-gate to the boost controler. make sure their is no kinks, cracks, holes ect... hope this helps.

oh check your intercooler pipeing couplers..... if they become lose or not properly sealed it will cause these type of head aches

Not sure on how to check the spring in the wastegate but I have had the car up to 20+ psi...so it's not the rating of the spring in the wastegate.

The BOV does not seem to be working properly. We did take it apart and re-assembled it a couple weeks back...with no results...and it's definitly not a cheap one.

I did check all the lines...did not take off the loom though. I'll take off the loom and re-check everything Saturday afternoon if the problem isn;t found by then.

I did re-tighten down all couplers..but to no prevale.

AlwaysVTEC

Addict
Mar 20, 2008
Hmmmm..... Im assuming you have a tial bov?? anyway the wase-gate spring might have gotten stuck. Does your car build boost easily? or do you really have to get on it to see the 10# or another thought would be the turbo itself, maybe its toast. I have heard that somtimes the bearings crap out causing the turbin to only spin so fast. it is odd though it holds a consitant 10psi??? i will do some quick searching see if i can pull anything up

AlwaysVTEC

Addict
Mar 20, 2008
http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=62776.0

http://www.turbomotorcycles.org/TMIOA/TechHelp_Honda_StickTurbo.html

MRSUPRA01-14-2006, 09:16 AM
Just as a little follow up.. I removed my wastegate last night. The wastegate looked to be funtioning fine with no sticking or too high spring pressure. I was stumped until I noticed a little sctach on my vacuum line thats connects to the side port of the wastegate. Well, it turned out that the scratch was a big slice going all the way through my brand new silicone vacuum line. It must have happened somehow when I was installing it. Oh well, its fixed and working now!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

red gtx

Regular
Jul 3, 2007
Elgin
. please keep us posted on how everything turns out!!

Figured it out. I ordered some new clamps...cause some just didn't seem to want to tighten down all the way. Put on just one of the clamps....and what do you know..boost.

I would have to say that that car is running very strong....already raced a black GTO..definitly had something done to it cause it sounded good.....wasn't even a race....fucking wish I would have brought the vid cam...

Thanks again for everyones advise....

See you Sunday!

AlwaysVTEC

Addict
Mar 20, 2008

:s00ls:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info