Exhaust Cutouts

Ryacuski

Sep 3, 2008
Crystal Lake
Real Name
Ryan
Which ones are you guys running? Manual or electric? I have manual right now, but really want electric. Being able to open them in an instant with the flip of a switch instead of crawling under the truck with a socket wrench is worth the $300 for me. Plus, when I drop it in the near future, I'm not gonna jack my bitch up every time. That would get really old really quick.

If anyone out there has the electric ones, how are they? You like 'em?
I just wanna hear how awesome they truely are before I shell out the cash.

Thanks in advance to anyone who posts their opinions. :bigthumb:

S

speedycoop

electric for sure!! but you gotta make sure you buy one that you dont have to hold the switch to open. some you have to hold it to open and basically time it to let off the switch. i know they have ones now where you can hit the switch an it will open itself and stop when its all the way.

as for the salt and the leaking.. i never had any issues of mine leaking (all 4 that i had) and i never saw any affect from the salt. i went through 4 of them cause the motor kept burning out cause i had to time it to let off the switch and if you go to far it ust slowly burns the motor out. but again with the salt. maybe i didnt have any issues cause i had a dump tube coming off the cutout for the exhaust to exit toward the ground so the cutout itself was never really out in the elements 100%..

sorry if this all is confusing i just woke up.. hahaha brain is not functioning.

Ryacuski

Sep 3, 2008
Crystal Lake
Real Name
Ryan
Thanks for opinions guys. No, I will not be driving it in the winter, so that part is out of the equation. And two, I found them in a pair brand new from Summit racing. $299. They're wired to the same toggle switch, which btw is immuminated red. (fuck yeah:bigthumb:)
In response to Mike. I'm pretty sure I will have a bit of fun on the street every now and then. Lol. How could I NOT when they make it soo easy to open them? :dunno: Also, I'm not ready to run NX just yet. I wanna get a couple more higher priority mods out of the way.

BUT, you'll be happy to know I picked out my NX kit when I'm ready to get it.
Zex 75 wet shot. :cool: (Depending on how well it works, I might just bump it up to the 100 shot jet.) And buying the cutouts is about half of what the whole NX kit costs..I'll think about holding maybe. You people got me thinking. I really want these cutouts though. I want BOTH! Lol.

RugBurn

The Beer Hunter
Aug 8, 2008
algonquin
Real Name
mike
why a wet shot? a dry would be perfect for that truck! not to mention you can safely run a 100 shot on it. most of the R/T guys are running a 125 shot. id be careful about a PAIR of cutouts that are 299! they are probably cheap as fuck and work like crap. remember you get what you pay for, thats why i always put the best shit in that truck! worry about other things, yes electric cutouts are tempting, but why fix something that isnt broken?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Main issue with electronic cutouts are they never fully close. There is always a small gap(about 5% open) to allow the blade to move easier. Which will make the car a little louder all the time then what it was. We have seen a quite a few models and they all seem to have this problem. The worst ones are the units that allow the blade to open either way. If your going to use a manual use a high quality gasket(metal,not paper) to seal it and use anti-seize on the nuts.

SikBUSA

Addict
Nov 15, 2007
Kuwait
electric cutouts are a waste of money and they leak all the time or they break, and why a wet kit ? why not ? its much safer then dry and you dont have to worry about runnin the motor lean, and if you wanna go cheap and good nitrous kit look into dynotune kits it'll run you around 400$
electric cuts out=GAY

RugBurn

The Beer Hunter
Aug 8, 2008
algonquin
Real Name
mike
the dakota doesnt need a wet kit. it WONT run lean, these trucks naturally run rich as fuck. so there is no worrry there, esspecially with the bigger fuel injectors i put in it. trust me, i KNOW these trucks. and i know how i built this one, a dry kit would be PERFECT. sorry layth, but this time im right.

SikBUSA

Addict
Nov 15, 2007
Kuwait
the dakota doesnt need a wet kit. it WONT run lean, these trucks naturally run rich as fuck. so there is no worrry there, esspecially with the bigger fuel injectors i put in it. trust me, i KNOW these trucks. and i know how i built this one, a dry kit would be PERFECT. sorry layth, but this time im right.

oh no dude dont be sry it was your old truck and you built it ,and you know what it can do.
if it runs rich and compensate for fuel on a shot then id do it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info