91 mustang rear suspension and rear end build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
Carl always says no tech so here we go.

I bought a stock rear end from a 91gt and stripped it down to the bare housing. The rear end then went to Pakman motorsports to have the tubes welded, 9" ends put on, and bracing put on. I am really happy with the work Jeff did, definatly a good shop for chassis work and fabrication. Here are some pictures of the rear after it came back along with some grinding I did to get it ready for paint.

005.jpg

006.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

008.jpg

Then I cleaned it off with brake cleaner and painted it with black rustoleum hammer paint. It turned out really nice!

013.jpg

021.jpg

Next I picked up some goodies from Strange. The rear end will have 3.27 gears, 33 spline axles, spool, strange brakes, and heavy duty 1350 pinion yoke.

025.jpg

Here is the Rebuild kit, yoke, axle bearings, and wheel studs

028.jpg

LPW Rear end cover

029.jpg

33 Spline Spool

030.jpg

33 Spline Axles

031.jpg

Strange Street Brakes with 4 piston calipers

033.jpg

I got a smoking deal on the rear suspension frome Wolfe Racecraft so thats what I went with. Will have upgraded 3/4 bolts, spherical bushings, double adjustable uppers, single adjustable lowers, and anti-roll bar.

Im going to start putting the rear end together tomorrow so check back for updates:burnout:

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
Update:

I did some work today. The rear end is pretty much all together, just need to press on a new pinion bearing (old one is on there now so I can remove it easily to adjust shims), tighten up the backlash a little, and put in the axles, cover, and brakes.

013-1.jpg

The pattern is a touch high on the drive side but I talked to a few people and they said I should be OK since it is a used gear. Im hoping its OK too lol

033-1.jpg

I also did a little work to the front today, put together the strange coilovers with strange 10 way adjustables. Just waiting on some axles studs from speed inc and it will be all together. Im using the team z k member with adjustable a arms. Very nice parts from them!

003.jpg

Thursday and friday everything should be done, more updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info