94-95 front skinnies backspace question?

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008
what backspace are you 94-95gt guys running to put a skinny rim/tire for the track? i have a foxbody i just converted to run newer style wheels(10th anniversary cobra wheels) and now the skinnies i have wont even come close to fitting. the brakes are just stock 95gt brakes. no cobras. i believe the old skinnies i have are 15x3.5 with a 1.75 backspace. i tried putting a 1/4" spacer and they still rub.

Shane97Cobra

Addict
Apr 27, 2005
The 94-95 GT calipers are smaller than the 96+ and you don't need to run that big of a spacer to run skinnies. The design of the skinny will make the biggest different. A friend with a 95GT just cut the bar on the caliper off and ran no spacer, but with a Bogart wheel. With a Weld Draglite or Pro Star you will probably still have to use a small one.

On my cobra I had 99+ GT brakes and ran a 5/16" spacer with my Pro Stars. I also had to do some heavy grinding on that bar on the caliper.

The longer studs are required if you are using a spacer or not. Don't forget to purchase the open ended lug nuts for the skinnies also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info