Emissions problem

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
My friend has an 05 mustang gt a full exhaust incl headers no cats. It has comp cams and it's been dyno tuned. Yesterday he took it for emissions test and it didn't pass,but didn't fail either. They told him to drive it more and bring it back as many times as he wants cuz it didn't technically fail. After going back they tell him the same thing they can't get a full reading.

Does anyone know or have any experience a this?

twn-trbo-svt

NEW GUY
Jan 23, 2009
My friend has an 05 mustang gt a full exhaust incl headers no cats. It has comp cams and it's been dyno tuned. Yesterday he took it for emissions test and it didn't pass,but didn't fail either. They told him to drive it more and bring it back as many times as he wants cuz it didn't technically fail. After going back they tell him the same thing they can't get a full reading.

Does anyone know or have any experience a this?
yes i do......if you unplug your battery for a bit it resets your emmisions stuff. have to put a hundred miles on or so before it will register again....i went through the same thing.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
it probably threw a p1000 code... its a readiness monitor test... mileage doesnt really matter, but more importantly, it needs to cycle through all the computer tests... it may take 1000 miles or it may take 100 miles..
Bob it's Geoffs car, he said it's being tested via NGS and he cleared 2 codes. One was a code for a 3rd brake light out that he replaced and the other is RCM (restraint control module) failed. He cleared them and no p1000 code came up. These r non emission codes but they won't allow the car to pass. The car was taken out of storage this weekend.

uofipilot

Regular
Jun 29, 2008
Kinda off topic, but do you guys go to your tests with an OR pipe on, or do you switch it out? It seems like the dudes at the emissions place would be able to tell if you don't have cats. A simple look under the car would get you a fail at best, and a fine at worst. Or am I wrong?

I have an OR prochamber sitting in my room waiting to be installed, but I don't want to do it till after my test in may.

twn-trbo-svt

NEW GUY
Jan 23, 2009
Kinda off topic, but do you guys go to your tests with an OR pipe on, or do you switch it out? It seems like the dudes at the emissions place would be able to tell if you don't have cats. A simple look under the car would get you a fail at best, and a fine at worst. Or am I wrong?

I have an OR prochamber sitting in my room waiting to be installed, but I don't want to do it till after my test in may.
don't wait till may.....you should be able to go early. go now!!

skyhighsd

auto mofo
Mar 25, 2007
But back to my question, do you take OR pipes off for emission testing?
No leave it on you will pass as long as you are not throwing any codes. They dont even look under your car anymore. I have passed with a lot morer mods at the same location you most likely will go to CL? All they do now is plug your car in and run a check and you are out the door:dancenana:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info