The water damage thread

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
well designed car huh?..i dont even see how that could have happened in 4-6 inches of water. unless you hit it at over 50mph and completely submerged the intake somehow..but my cavalier had a cai that put the filter maybe 6 inches from the ground, i went through some very deep water and never hydro locked...i just dont understand. it has to have something to do with the fact that its a ford and the cavalier..well wasnt a ford. all makes sense

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
That sucks dan if you are being serious. However, I think I have seen cars go through much more and survive. Maybe the water undid some underlying issue that almost all of us said the car had?? Who knows.

GL with whatever happens though.

I drove from Vernon Hills to Elk Grove and back Friday and Saturday night. No issues.

FWIW, this is the exact reason I dont care for fenderwell intakes. Last years crazy rain taught this lesson to me very well. Hence my open cone high in my engine bay.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
dude seriously, i took the Z thru a puddle FAR larger than that and that was only b/c i needed to get gas....water came up past the bumper (i didnt even know it was that deep) and she took it like a champ...granted i practically came to a standstill going thru it but even so....how the hell fast were u going

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
That sucks dan if you are being serious. However, I think I have seen cars go through much more and survive. Maybe the water undid some underlying issue that almost all of us said the car had?? Who knows.

GL with whatever happens though.

I drove from Vernon Hills to Elk Grove and back Friday and Saturday night. No issues.

Thats a little less rural than what I had to drive through, but yes, I am being serious, thank you.

I hate to say it, but I hope the total it... I wouldn't mind no car payment again and just buying another SHO.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info