Need Help with Push Lock Fittings & Hose

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I started running the fuel lines last night, and got a little frustrated.

The -10 connections went on with no issues, but the -8 is another story.

Is there any tricks or tips to get the hose fully seated on the fitting? Seems the straight fittings are easier to get on, because you can place them on a flat surface and push down on the hose. The angled fittings are a bitch!

I sprayed some silicone on the hose, that didnt help!

Can I use a heat gun on the hose to make it more pliable?

Any help is appreciated.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
^ That works or a heat gun works as well. I did mine all with a heat gun and Aeromotive lube/sealer.

I can't believe you got a fitting in with out heating it up. I had to push damn hard on mine with the hose heated.

Also, for the angled fitting I used a vise. Open the vice so that the vise does not clamp the fitting but the ledge of the fitting would sit on the top of the vise. So the fitting was supported on both sides while you were pushing the hose down on it.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
^ That works or a heat gun works as well. I did mine all with a heat gun and Aeromotive lube/sealer.

I can't believe you got a fitting in with out heating it up. I had to push damn hard on mine with the hose heated.

Also, for the angled fitting I used a vise. Open the vice so that the vise does not clamp the fitting but the ledge of the fitting would sit on the top of the vise. So the fitting was supported on both sides while you were pushing the hose down on it.

I was pushing so hard I got a headache...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info