suspension suggestion

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Alright, we're getting ready to redo the suspension on the car (81k miles and everything original, rides like shit). Wheres a good company to get a spring/shock/camber plate package?

I want to run H&R super sport springs and only place i've found that offer those in a package is MM. I know MM is awesome, but 1200 dollars for springs/shocks/camber plates/isolators? Or is that a good price for everything?

Does anyone know of any other place that has a package with those springs?

Need some suggestions and i forgot all the mustang sites since i really dont care about it anymore, but my dad is just now in the "lets mod the mustang" mood. He's a little slow.

What is the car being used for? Daily driver? Weekend cruiser? How are the roads where you live? The H&R super sport springs will give you a big drop. I believe it is 1.8" in front and 1.6" in back. The front end might scrape going up driveways, on uneven pavement, or if you hit a pothole. I went with Steeda sport spings/bumpsteer kit/ball joints, Bilstein shocks/struts, and MM caster/camber plates. My car is a daily driver so I didn't really want anything that lowers the car over 1.25". If I didn't drive it year round, I would've went with H&R Sport springs. If bilsteins are too expensive for you, look into Tokico shocks/struts. Either Maximum Motorports or Steeda caster/camber plates will work.

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
Mostly just cruising duties. Roads are good down here. No snow plows = no potholes.

Car rarely gets driven.

I'm pretty dead set on the H&R super sports. Lookin to get close to a 2" drop all the way around.

i'd look into steeda x2 ball joints then too to correct the angle of the front control arms. when u add a big drop they will no longer be parallel to the ground. shorter sway bar end links are a good idea too. but u say the car barely gets driven so i guess its not necessary.

i think tokico makes a decent product. guess they were good enough for ford to use them from the factory on bullits/mach 1's. i had tokico blues/eibach prokit on my notch and was pretty happy with them. i did have to replace one of the rear shocks though cuz it was leaking fluid. i am running tokico d-specs/H&R race springs on the cobra and i like it a lot better then the eibach's. its a lot stiffer and has a more crisp feel.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
i'd look into steeda x2 ball joints then too to correct the angle of the front control arms. when u add a big drop they will no longer be parallel to the ground. shorter sway bar end links are a good idea too. but u say the car barely gets driven so i guess its not necessary.

oh i know that i need the x2 ball joints and such. I'm simply lookin for places with good prices.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info