Jeep Cherokee P0700 and P0705

Shmirgin44

Fire and Ice
Aug 14, 2007
I had those codes among others in my 99 grand cherokee right when I bought it. I ended up replacing several fuses and relays as well as the control board for the brake lights/turn signals all in one evening and the code has never shown up again. Off the top of my head I don't remember what relay it was but there is a 2nd "fuse box" that is WAAAAY the fuck up and in (buried) the dash on the driver's side where some of the more important fuses/relays are located on the 99-04's. My hands/wrists looked like I put them in a garbage disposal when I was done...

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
I had those codes among others in my 99 grand cherokee right when I bought it. I ended up replacing several fuses and relays as well as the control board for the brake lights/turn signals all in one evening and the code has never shown up again. Off the top of my head I don't remember what relay it was but there is a 2nd "fuse box" that is WAAAAY the fuck up and in (buried) the dash on the driver's side where some of the more important fuses/relays are located on the 99-04's. My hands/wrists looked like I put them in a garbage disposal when I was done...

Well the check light turned off. Ill see if it comes back on. You might be the guy that can show me some of this stuff when I make some time to dive into the thing.

fastfocus

TCG Elite Member
Nov 30, 2004
on my old '98 cherokee (xj) my shift selenoids went out and the OD selenoid went out.. now i got rebuilt pieces because those are expensive as fuck buying them from jeep.... also on my buddies '99 cherokee, he has been through 3 neutral safety switches ( driving through to much water/mud) and non of what your saying happened, it only had to be started in neutral..... his back up lights, OD ect still worked, i think you might have a shift or OD selenoid problem... what year is it and is it just a reg cherokee or grand cherokee?

dohc97

resident mexican
Mar 21, 2005
If those codes are neutral safety switch, the only thing that switch controls is your starting and provides a signal as to what gear your in. So besides not allowing your car to start it could also have you with no reverse lights, or tell the tcm that your car is in the wrong gear position. The neutral safety switch does not control shift points or overdrive. Ill look into the codes when i get to the shop today and will try and post back when i get home.

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
If those codes are neutral safety switch, the only thing that switch controls is your starting and provides a signal as to what gear your in. So besides not allowing your car to start it could also have you with no reverse lights, or tell the tcm that your car is in the wrong gear position. The neutral safety switch does not control shift points or overdrive. Ill look into the codes when i get to the shop today and will try and post back when i get home.

I heard that the nss is actually responsible for alot more including overdrive and shift points. Its much more complex than a conventional cars nss.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info