remote starter (and alarm) for manual trans

hazmat404

Addict
Apr 26, 2005
where do i get one, whats a good bang for the buck and who do i have install these (cause i know many places wont)? i never ever park my car in gear and i never have. i am the ONLY person that drive my car so there is NO chance of it being in gear and if for some reason someone does drive my car i will not be using the remote starter...so with all that disclaimer past us, is there a good place to rig this up or some system that works best and how much might i be looking at?

it might be a present to myself for getting a new job come the new year but i want to start to research it right now so i know what to look at and how much i want to sink into it. give me any and all opinions (except about manual trans people that leave it in gear cause i dont)

Shmirgin44

Fire and Ice
Aug 14, 2007
There are a few models with a neutral safety switch that prevents it from working when not in neutral. One of my buddies had it on his SRT-4 and the switch failed and the car lurched forward and dented garage door. Not safe IMO. All it takes is the car to be up on a lift at a dealership and someone to lean on the button or a short and disaster. There are systems out there and ways to rig other ones to work as well but there is a reason that most of the mainstream manufacturers stay away from this setup.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info