Sad Night Last Night

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Down the block from us a younger guy sold his GTO and is selling off his parts. My brother wanted his rims and tires so he bought them thinking they would fit. I get home and inspect his purchase to find they are 18" staggered wheels, 245s up front and 275s out back. I thought 265s were the max on a stock car... Put them on, look fantastic, literally stared at a dirty car for 10 minutes.

Then the test drive... Fuckers rubbed like holy hell. 265 is the max. So we had to return them. :tear: Come to find out the guy had drag springs out back, and rolled his fenders. He did not DD his car so suspension setup was not an issue, but my brother does not want to go that route.

Oh well.... Hell of a way to waste 3 hours taking wheels on and off... Yeah I know that doesn't take 3 hours, but we spent a lot of time weighing options and hoping for the best.

And this is a photo of a similiar car with the same basic setup:

Attachments

• GTO_02.JPG
    GTO_02.JPG
    416.3 KB · Views: 46

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Yes, he was our neighbor, he wasn't happy but he neglected to tell us of his modified suspension and he knew my brother's wasn't.

And he paid with a check, so in the end, there was not much he could do.

Stop Payment is a wonderful feature provided by his bank. :hs:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info