Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
6th gear is actually usable in the Z so it really doesnt matter if i'm in 5th or 6th. i skip 5th if i'm on the highway tho but for puttering around town, i almost forget i have a 6th gear (but i still find myself in it when i look down)

highpsi

Regular
Jun 24, 2008
Just curious. Does anyone w/ a 6 speed ever use 5th gear?? I barely ever use that gear in day to day driving. i usually just casualy go 1-3, then straight to 6th. Especially w/ the gto gears, 5th gear really only drops the revs like 1k from 4th gear anyways, so its a pretty useless gear most of the time.
Yes. Most of the back roads out by me are listed as 50-55mph and cruising in traffic at 55-60 is a good speed for 5th gear in my car. 6th is almost exclusively for Interstate traveling or when the cornfield roads are wide open for 65 mph cruising.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
only a 5-speed for me and i definitely dont have enough torque to skip gears. i was riding with a friend once and he asked why i shifted soo much and that f-bodies can 1-4 shift. i tried for the hell of it....:rofl: doesnt work.

but i'm in 5th gear by 40mph...mpg's!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info