Winter Storage

Shmirgin44

Fire and Ice
Aug 14, 2007
I want to avoid getting flat/dead spots on soft tires but I fear putting car up on jack stands for 5 months will cause suspension to sag and get all out of wack. Is overinflating tires enough to combat this or should I put on a cheap ass set of rims/tires for it to sit this winter?

SONICobra

ITS STOK
Dec 1, 2005
I want to avoid getting flat/dead spots on soft tires but I fear putting car up on jack stands for 5 months will cause suspension to sag and get all out of wack. Is overinflating tires enough to combat this or should I put on a cheap ass set of rims/tires for it to sit this winter?

i dont put my car on jack stands for that very reason. ive had my car for 4 winters and have never put on jack stands or inflated tires and never had an issue. i might inflate the tires though this year, only reason i didnt before was that i never heard of it :dunno: stabil is a must, but other than that i wait until spring to change my oil.

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005

no need to worry you car wont get flat spots

Shmirgin44

Fire and Ice
Aug 14, 2007

frdtch05gt

complete car nut
Jun 29, 2005
I just covered mine this morning, and put sta-bil in the tank. In the spring I will change the oil and clean the interior really good, it's pretty clean right now so it'll be fine until spring. I just changed the oil a few weeks ago so the oil in there is good for now.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I clean it throughout, change the oil, cover it up and walk away :crying:.
Glad to see the post about the Nittos. I know mine sat on them all winter last year, but without extra pressure and luckly I took it away on 45 degree day....I think.

My first 3 years I stored it at a local storage and started it every 2-3 weeks till most of you guys convinced me to leave it off all winter which is what have been doing. I usually have it on stock tires also and never overinflated tham they've alway come out fine. HP Summer tires FWIW.

Last year I kept a trickle battery on it which helped I'm sure. I've always used Stabil and didn't get gas till it was sipp'n fumes.

SONICobra

ITS STOK
Dec 1, 2005
i need a nice cover, i tried being a cheap ass and buy the pep boys special one that fits for shit and luckily didnt scratch the paint. my car was dirtier after i took the cover off than it ever was if i just left it uncovered! i think 200-300 is usually the range for a nice cover.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info