Cheater slicks, who has had?

Shmirgin44

Fire and Ice
Aug 14, 2007
I am doing some brainstorming for next year's setup. I want to continue to run my CCW's on the street next year but looking for more traction. I currently have 305/35/18 MT DR's on the car now and like them. Car never sees rain so I was thinking of running cheater slicks. Hoosier makes a 315/30/18 DOT DR that I was thinking of running. https://www.hoosiertire.com/Drtire.htm

Thoughts? Kill stories? Horror stories? Please share...

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Honestly, for the street I would just stick with drag radials. You're not going to get much better traction on the street with a "cheater slick" like ET Street, but driving manners are compromised, not to mention that they will wear out much faster.

batman

Surrounded by 10 points
Feb 21, 2005
rearangle.jpg

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Since the hoosiers are DR's, they will not be too bad on the street, correct? Other than in the rain obviously. Looks like they will get better traction than my MT DR's and are less expensive to boot!

i heard mileage isnt that great. Think andy said he'd get anywhere from 1500 to 3000 miles out of them depending on how you drive.

That just means they're really sticky:dancenana:

SONICobra

ITS STOK
Dec 1, 2005
im going back to hoosier 335's this year. ray (painter) said he had some issues with his hoosiers "shredding" on the street and he would have to clean them off doing a burnout but i talked to another guy on modfords and he said hes gotten 5k street miles out of his no problem. i had them on my car for about 200 miles before i had to swap them out for a smaller tire because my quarter lips werent rolled yet. i figure for the power i (and you) are going to be running, hoosiers are the way to go IMO. now if you go with the hoosiers you just have to be worried about getting pulled over for not having street legal tires (even thought it has a DOT number on the side wall) :rolleyes:

EDIT: he got 5k not 15k on the hoosiers WHOOPS!

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
im going back to hoosier 335's this year. ray (painter) said he had some issues with his hoosiers "shredding" on the street and he would have to clean them off doing a burnout but i talked to another guy on modfords and he said hes gotten 15k street miles out of his no problem. i had them on my car for about 200 miles before i had to swap them out for a smaller tire because my quarter lips werent rolled yet. i figure for the power i (and you) are going to be running, hoosiers are the way to go IMO. now if you go with the hoosiers you just have to be worried about getting pulled over for not having street legal tires (even thought it has a DOT number on the side wall) :rolleyes:

Keep a tread depth gauge on you so when you get pulled over, you can personally show them its legal depth;)

skyhighsd

auto mofo
Mar 25, 2007
You should look at the M&H's they came out with a set of 18's now. Dont know the size off hand. But I dont think that they are that wide, overall hands down some of the best tires on the market. You dont need such a wide tire if they hook like a mo fo. If you like MT's you will love the M&H's.

P

PearlBlue L

i had them on my L when i lived in VA beach 4 years ago. i loved them as far as traction goes. on the L i had a higher side wall then you will have with the cobra, not very fun switching lanes on the highway with them on. also like said, rain is a no-no or a death sentence, which ever comes first. they do wear out quick though.

SONICobra

ITS STOK
Dec 1, 2005
You should look at the M&H's they came out with a set of 18's now. Dont know the size off hand. But I dont think that they are that wide, overall hands down some of the best tires on the market. You dont need such a wide tire if they hook like a mo fo. If you like MT's you will love the M&H's.

i remember what you said about the m/h's too, i looked into those but the only ones they had for my car (17's) are 28" tires that run really narrow and have mixed ratings from people who used them

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info