Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
The preferred way to do it:

ARP 100-7703 - $12.95 (Summit)
Wheel Studs, Press-In, 1/2-20 in. Right Hand Thread, Set of 5 $12.95

arp-100-7703.jpg

Summit SUM-7540026 - $2.95 (Summit)
Lug Nuts, Conical Seat, Bulge, 1/2 in. x 20 RH, Open End, Zinc Plated Steel, Set of 4 $2.95

sum-7540026_w.jpg

Chucking - Reamers Size: 0.6094 In., 39/64 Material: HSS Flute Type: Straight Shank Type: Straight

0231003B-11.jpg

When using the above ARP studs, buy (4) packages of five. Buy 5 packages of four of the lug nuts. You will have 20 studs and 20 (non-gay) lug nuts. In the front you will have to ream out the front hubs to 39/64". Do not use a 39/64" drill bit, use a reamer and do it the right way.

Alternative way to do it:

Moroso 46185 - $12.95 (Summit) ~ $1495 (MM)
Part Number: MOR-46185

mor-46185_w_m.jpg

Moroso 46180 - $11.95 (Summit) ~ $14.95 (MM)
Part Number: MOR-46180

mor-46180_w_m.jpg

When using the above Moroso studs, buy (2) packages/each of five. Buy 5 packages of four of the lug nuts in top section.

Another Alternative way to do it (Wheel Studs Priced Individually):

MM

ARP rear wheel stud (fits .603"-.613" hole) $7.95/ea

8SW.jpg

ARP front wheel stud (fits .570"-.580" hole) $7.95/ea

8SW.jpg

When using the ARP studs that are custom made for MM, buy (10) pieces of each. Buy 5 packages of four of the lug nuts in top section.

All of this is well documented in CC.com

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
But they ain't purdy enough for my creme puff tracked cobra :rolleyes:
That goes without saying on your car, hell you still have an interior in your car. Sometimes you have to choose "business" over "Purdy Creme Puff". In those instances it is best to choose business over GAY, especially when running 'R Comp Tires.

Would any of these work for Weld Drag Lites?

Will they fit a STD. 60 degree conical lug nut that uses a 13/16" socket?

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
serious question: what makes a lug nut gay?

If you have a set of 5 tamper resistant lug nuts on each wheel and those tamper resistant lug nuts use a special 19MM socket made of tinfoil, well, that is gay. But only if you are going to use said lug nuts on the track, for a daily driver they are perfect on a Honda Civic, especially if it has a 2-stage wing on the back.

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
I was waiting for this thread
pictures of sheared lug studs tomorrow maybe?(if I have time)

damn, I had fun shearing those though, having your wheel almost fall off barrelling into a corner at 100 mph makes for an interesting feeling
they probably would have been fine had I not been such a lazy ass and at least retorqued them once throughout the day

then again, this comes from the man who runs his brake pads down to the backing plates on cracked rotors and has had multiple brake failures :rolleyes:

Look at the bright side, now I owe you a nice case of beer and some new lug studs and nuts :alcoholic

your wife is also da bomb,
late night sandwiches and beer in the paddock ftw!

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
That goes without saying on your car, hell you still have an interior in your car. Sometimes you have to choose "business" over "Purdy Creme Puff". In those instances it is best to choose business over GAY, especially when running 'R Comp Tires.

Will they fit a STD. 60 degree conical lug nut that uses a 13/16" socket?

plus 1
get that worthless backseat out of there, thats an easy 45 lbs
then...

r comps larry,
R COMPS!!!
you will never look back
easiest 10 mph you will find through a corner period.

PETSNKE

DRIVEN
Mar 13, 2004
plus 1
get that worthless backseat out of there, thats an easy 45 lbs
then...

r comps larry,
R COMPS!!!
you will never look back
easiest 10 mph you will find through a corner period.

Justin, I already deleted the rear seat when I installed the harness bar. The rest of the interior is staying in.

Maybe I should buy a set a wheels for R-comps just to use at Autobahn since I live close enough to not have to deal with a tire trailer:confused:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info