Using a Hummer for what its designed for.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
DSC00419.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqgBkBOJD-E

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Better than those SUV driving dumb bitches that use them to goto the grocery store and to talk little Susie to soccer practice.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Agreed, H1's are the shizznit. I saw one rear end a ford explorer lol... the aftermath was a explorer with the tail gate shoved into the middle seat pretty much (if there were people there they would have gotten f-ed up) and the hummer.... the brush guard in the front got pushed up until it was touching the headlights (closed about 4-5in gap). Now thats fuckin' rugged right there, completely totaled a small suv, and probably had to replace only the front brush guard haha!

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
anyone ever see the tan one with pink spray paint on it? i used to see it when i lived in des plaines. it looks like the guy beats the shit out of it and whenever it gets scratched/dented he goes over it with pink spray paint. only guy i've ever seen in a H1 i didnt want to hurl rocks at.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
I was expecting some person in an H2 going through the water, just so she could get to the Starbucks. Then when the next 100yr flood comes she'll be ready.

H1s are fucking awesome if you use them properly. Buy a huge farm, drive the H1 over the fields, through the woods, drive through creeks and rivers, plow over Hippies. Then light ups a cigar and yell out " GET TO ZE CHOPPA!!!!!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Why the hell would you hit the water like he did at 23052 mph. thats just dumb.

Yeah it weighs like 54 tons but the bitch could still hydroplane.

Maybe im just bitter because i have wanted one since i was 3. The other day at my work there was a guy who had a definite purpose driven black wagon, scratched to shit, on 40" super swamper tsl's... with more electronics you could shake a stick at... im pretty sure he had a gps, radar, and two fish finders in that rig.

I want one so bad.

RugBurn

The Beer Hunter
Aug 8, 2008
algonquin
Real Name
mike
you can go to a military auction and buy a lot of three old hmmwvs, you will need the other two as parts cars anyway to fix them up right, but you can grab them cheap enough. beware tho, they have no locks, and no ignition key. its like a giant go kart. just flip the switch to "on" LOL, we used to use a big chain and a pad lock to "secure" them hahaha

BTW: HMMWV is how "humvee" is really spelled and where that name came from.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
you can go to a military auction and buy a lot of three old hmmwvs, you will need the other two as parts cars anyway to fix them up right, but you can grab them cheap enough. beware tho, they have no locks, and no ignition key. its like a giant go kart. just flip the switch to "on" LOL, we used to use a big chain and a pad lock to "secure" them hahaha

BTW: HMMWV is how "humvee" is really spelled and where that name came from.

I dont believe that they can be licensed though... to be street legal... do they even have vin numbers?

I wouldnt plan on driving it on the street, but i dont believe that a civlian can legally drive one on the street.

And that whole 24 volt electrical system is kinda gooofy too.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
or better yet, guys who build old rat rods out of like 40 different cars, those get liscensed as well.

thats considered a home built... aka completely different...

http://www.off-road.com/trucks4x4/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=263708

Note that the military trucks are not DOT approved so might never be street legal.

That would be a shitty if you got one and it wasnt street legal...

But i can see where you are coming from in the possibility that you can license it...

and the only time i see half tracks going downt the road is for parades... thats not street legal activity imo...

RugBurn

The Beer Hunter
Aug 8, 2008
algonquin
Real Name
mike
thats considered a home built... aka completely different...

http://www.off-road.com/trucks4x4/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=263708

That would be a shitty if you got one and it wasnt street legal...

But i can see where you are coming from in the possibility that you can license it...

and the only time i see half tracks going downt the road is for parades... thats not street legal activity imo...

just because YOU only see them in parades doesnt mean thats the only time they are on the streets, teres a guy in mchenry that has one and he drives it to the grocery store LOL, and it DOES have IL plates on it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info