Sea Foam Users?

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
Anyone use it before? Im thinking about trying it on my Ranger. Its 12 years old and almost 67k miles on it so it could use a refresher.

I've already seen a few write-ups on it. Use it in the boost vacuum, gas tank, and oil, and all should be clean after that.

My questions are, anyone seen some positives to it?

I know if it smokes a lot, you probably need to change your spark plugs. I've never done it before, are they hard to replace? How do you gap them etc.? Or how much would it cost to have a shop or dealer do it?

And then I have to change my oil after.

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
I would recommend just doing a tune up first.. Spark plugs, wires, air filter and fuel filter. All that stuff is easy installs, you can find out what to gap the plugs at my asking a worker at Autozone or a auto parts store, they have all that info in their computers..Or just look it up on the internet..

You could always put the Seafoam in your gas, that wont hurt anything..I sucked up a few cans through a intake hose on my old Cobra, I think it definitely helped..But be careful, ive heard of people blowing head gaskets from sucking it in through the intake.

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
OK so here is what I'm going to do. (If I do it)

1. Buy 1 can of seafoam
2. Buy mobil 1 synthetic 10w30 + motorcraft filter
3. Return home
4. Remove exhaust rear of the headers (smoke might clog cats)
5. Drive truck around being an asshole with loud exhaust to warm up.
6. Park and shutoff truck and remove booster line.
7. Start truck, add 1/3 can into booster line.
8. Turn truck off and re-attach line.
9. Let sit 10 minutes.
10. Start truck and drive like an ass and annoy neighbors.
11. Park and shutoff truck, add 1/3 can to gas tank.
12. sit for 10 minutes.
13. Start truck and repeat annoying.
14. Park and shutoff truck, add 1/3 to oil.
14. Sit for 10 minutes.
15. Start truck and do donuts on Ubnsmkd's lawn.
16. Park truck and let it cool.
17. Reattach exhaust.
18. Change oil and filter.
19. Get a tune-up.

How does that sound?

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
I've used it many times on my car. Took the engine apart at 220k and the internals were clean as hell.

A couple bits of advice... no real need to put it in the oil. Modern oils have detergents in them, so theyre already doing what the seafoam will. Getting it in the intake is tricky. Your engine wont run with that big of a vacuum leak. It realy helps to have a friend help keep it running by pluging the line until you start sucking it in. I usually did half a can in the intake and half in the gas tank.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
OK so here is what I'm going to do. (If I do it)

1. Buy 1 can of seafoam
2. Buy mobil 1 synthetic 10w30 + motorcraft filter
3. Return home
4. Remove exhaust rear of the headers (smoke might clog cats) - not necessary
5. Drive truck around being an asshole with loud exhaust to warm up.not necessary
6. Park and shutoff truck and remove booster line.
7. Start truck, add 1/3 can into booster line.
8. Turn truck off and re-attach line.
9. Let sit 10 minutes.
10. Start truck and drive like an ass and annoy neighbors.
11. Park and shutoff truck, add 1/3 can to gas tank.
just get a compressed feeder and feed it in the fuel rail
12. sit for 10 minutes.
13. Start truck and repeat annoying.
14. Park and shutoff truck, add 1/3 to oil.
14. Sit for 10 minutes.
15. Start truck and do donuts on Ubnsmkd's lawn.
16. Park truck and let it cool.
17. Reattach exhaust.
18. Change oil and filter.
19. Get a tune-up.

How does that sound?

SVTLSC

Factory Freak
Oct 29, 2006
Thanks for the info guys. I guess i can skip the oil then. Some people are saying that the smoke might clog the cats. no?

it could. Especially when using trans fluid or seafoam (very similar in results). At the shop i work at we use Acdelco top engine cleaner hasnt plugged up any cats as far as i know. And instead of putting seafoam in the tank use PBblaster FIC, that works great to clean AND lubricate because the gas now has too much alcohol in it and it takes all the lubrication off the injectors. after seafoaming it drive it around for a while and dont do a tune up until it stops smoking

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
it could. Especially when using trans fluid or seafoam (very similar in results). At the shop i work at we use Acdelco top engine cleaner hasnt plugged up any cats as far as i know. And instead of putting seafoam in the tank use PBblaster FIC, that works great to clean AND lubricate because the gas now has too much alcohol in it and it takes all the lubrication off the injectors. after seafoaming it drive it around for a while and dont do a tune up until it stops smoking

So, use seafoam or the AC Delco stuff and PB blaster, does that stuff smoke?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info