Wheres the best spot for jack stands ????

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Yes, I know UNDER the car, :D, but where under the car would be the best spot for the jack stands. Im getting ready to throw the car into the air to pull the exhaust and trans out of it and have 4 new jack stands, just wanted to see where everyone recommends them going..... I was guessing the frame, but it looks like they'll be in the way when im trying to pull the trans there... Do I put them under an a-arm or the k-member ??? Or the frame and work around them ???

On the rear, is it okay just to throw them on the differential ???

Thanks guys........

PETSNKE

DRIVEN
Mar 13, 2004
Under the front control arms at the spring mount recess and on the rear axle between the sway bar. You can get the car higher off the ground this way to slide that trans out.

If you want the suspension at full droop, then on the frame rails. Be careful though because the car can easily slide off the jack stands at those points. I found that out the hard way:-o

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Sweet, now I can say I got the front tires off the ground....

intheair.jpg

Although now I need to get some roundup and take care of that crap in my driveway.... ;)

And maybe the neighbor across the street will go and get some siding.... :D

And it looks like my oil leaks were even worse than I thought.... :eek:

rearmainleak.jpg

Its even running down the transmission now. :mad:

transoil.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info