I want my car back :(

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Still at the shop, supposed to pick it up today.

*Gay joy riding picture to follow:*

n633560240_3939755_1709.jpg

The Impala gets retarded good MPG on the freeway, and its CD player is about a thousand times better than the stangs, I give it props for that.

I do not give it props for no Keyfob, no trunk key, the fact that it was broken into more than once *door damage, prybar, etc*, and the fact that the gas gauge is worthless.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
The Impala was getting north of 28, strictly freeway 70-75mph

I haven't had the stang on the freeway yet.

I'm not sure that's crazy good, but it ain't bad. I was just wondering, because there was this guy I worked with over the summer that claimed he gets 35-40 mpg in his 150K mile 3.4 Impala, I told him that really wasn't possible, but he kept on saying that he did.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I'm not sure that's crazy good, but it ain't bad. I was just wondering, because there was this guy I worked with over the summer that claimed he gets 35-40 mpg in his 150K mile 3.4 Impala, I told him that really wasn't possible, but he kept on saying that he did.

they are rated at 31mpg highway on the old scale.

there is no way he was getting 35-40 unless work is downhill both ways with a strong wind, Lol...

I consider 28mpg freeway pretty good for a 200hp V-6 considering my focus only got 28-29 at those kinds of speeds on the freeway.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I had a 95 Thunderbird with the 4.6 and I could get like 28+ mpg on good days, doing about 85+ mph with the AC going. Granted it had a 3.08 rear, so it was quite built for highway crusing

I would be ecstatic if the stang gets 28 doing 65mph with the top up and AC off.... *Crosses fingers*

My girlfriend lives in New Lenox, so I'm sure I'll find out quickly :bowrofl:

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
why would a ford dealer give an impala as a loaner? i would expect a fusion or taurus....

it would be like honda giving a toyota as a loaner.

and a V8 mustang getting 28 highway? :bowrofl: dont hold your breath. most of the test mags got 23-25. im sure if you go 55mph you could get 28, but that's a boring speed.

i have managed 32-34 MPG on my trips down to st. louis going straight down 55 with the occasional full throttle wake me up run (55 south is fucking boring). i got 36 out of one tank once, and that was in a van's slip stream for part of the way down.
not bad for a 10 year old car with a blown pushrod v6 :smile:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Keep dreaming Das. I am lucky if I get 13 or 16 miles per gallon, without spooling the blower that is. 20 if I am lucky on the freeway.

I already got 18.5 all in town, romping on it on occasion, with only a single 50 mile round trip freeway stint doing 65-70 with the top down.

and I assume your blower has a bypass since you say "without spooling the blower" There is still drag even out of boost, and tunes play a huge part in Aftermarket FI Cars MPG.

why would a ford dealer give an impala as a loaner? i would expect a fusion or taurus....

it would be like honda giving a toyota as a loaner.

I laughed at that too, I half expected them to give me my focus BACK for the weekend :bowrofl:

and a V8 mustang getting 28 highway? :bowrofl: dont hold your breath. most of the test mags got 23-25. im sure if you go 55mph you could get 28, but that's a boring speed.

55mph in a convertible is plenty fast when you aren't in a hurry.

i have managed 32-34 MPG on my trips down to st. louis going straight down 55 with the occasional full throttle wake me up run (55 south is fucking boring). i got 36 out of one tank once, and that was in a van's slip stream for part of the way down.
not bad for a 10 year old car with a blown pushrod v6 :smile:

55 south and 80 west past joliet are both sinfully boring, Agreed.

I suspect I'll snag 24-25mpg out of the stang doing 65-70mph, I can keep dreaming though :smile:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I realize that das, but what I meant was without running any boost (keeping my vac gauge below the positive level). And yes it does have a bypass.

I know, but what I was saying "Because you are blown period" there is drag on the motor to spin the blower still, and even out of boost, tunes play a large role in MPG.

Watch turbo hondas with identical setups both run 'great' and one get 15mpg an one get 40.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
The car is already in the shop? That didn't take long...:ford: J/k of course....:)

:smile:

I'm not angry about it being in the shop, it was a known issue on 04-05 Fly by wire fords, shit happens. I'm angry about the service writer being a tool bag.

The issue it had was just like someone posted about *The TSB on the TPS sensor*

updated sensor and an ECU flash and its fixed. I'm picking the car up in 20 min :)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
he was a toolbag because you walked into his shop and told him what his techs needed to do with the car.

No, he was a toolbag because he tried explaining to me 3 times why my focus was out of warranty when it went in for the repair with its airbag light, and I proved to him "why he was wrong" three times after he had been working there for like a week.

*40K miles, You're out of warranty*

No, I have extended

*Well thats $100 deductable*

Why did you just say I was out of warranty then?

*I didn't see it until just now*

It doesn't matter, it says right here in my factory warranty, "Safety restraint systems" are covered until 50K

*I'll have to check that with my manager*

He just always is looking for an excuse on why I should pay them money.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info