need new catback

My Flowmaster hangers are rusted out and one of them separted from the pipe by the muffler. It is making a horrible creeking sound when driving. All the other hangers look rusted too, so they should be separating soon. So, i need a new catback. Was thinking of getting Mac, Brenspeed sells it for $313 shipped on ebay, but then I kind of want stainless steel, Borla, because I drive the car in the winter. The flowmasters have seen 4 winters. The headers and x pipe are stainless steel. So I was thinking of going with Borla Stingers. I can get them for $638 shipped on ebay. So what do you guys think of the Borla Stinger sound? It will go together with American Racing longtubes and catted x pipe. Do you know of any better deals other than ebay?

I went with a JBA catback. JBA sounds mean!!!! muaaahhh! Very similar to Flowmaster, but a little more refined. From the inside it's a little quieter, I guess there is no famous Flowmaster drone that everyone talks about, but from the outside it is mean. Little more raw than the Flows. Everything fit perfectly. Took me and a guy at the local Carx 30 min. to pull the Flows and install the JBA. The only minor complaint that I have is that I think JBA welded the passenger side tip too far out. The passenger side sits about 1/2" further out than the driver side. You can only notice it if you're standing right behind the bumper and looking down. Other than that, great quality, great fitment, great sound, and great price for an SS catback. I highly recommend JBA to all those looking for the Flowmaster and Mac sound.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• B
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list