Keep 2 valve or put in 4 valve ???please help

ponyxpress00

Jan 9, 2007
ok I have a 2000 mustang gt with full bolt ons. I have a Vortech S/C for it but I havent yet installed it.However I have the complete Vortech kit to go a on a 4 valve and I have found a motor out of a 1998 Lincoln Mark. Would this be worth the swap and how hard is the swap to do? If you could let me know benifits and downside if there is any.I would put the supercharger on the 4 valve then...thanks

Shane97Cobra

Addict
Apr 27, 2005
You will need to get a cobra intake to make that 4V kit work on that Mark8 motor. Also, the cams where different in the mark8 and it is also a cast crank that is no stronger than the one in your 2V.

I don't see a huge advantage to going to the 4V unless you where going to put good rod/piston/crank in it. Otherwise you are wasting a lot of time putting in an engine that can't support anymore power than the engine currently in your car.

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
a big bore big stroke ported head/cammed 2v with some really mild boost would be a totally fun car without a lot of hassles

even fords cast iron cranks are strong. this aint no chevy moder!

ya that would be fun,
but if your going to go through the trouble of getting your block resleeved with big bore sleeves, why not have the durability of the forged cobra 8 bolt crank
and the cast cranks are really only good to 6500 rpms, if I was building a motor I know I for one would get some cams that make good top end and spin it to at least 7k, more likely 7500, and just leave it with the stock stroke.
I would keep it naturally aspirated with some big big cams and a set of 4.56 gears out back :cool:

different strokes for different folks I guess :clap:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info