Experience/Knowledge/Opinions

01SVT19

TCG Elite Member
Apr 23, 2006
There is a Cobra for sale that I am considering buying and wanted you guys to chime in on it. Any thoughts/comments would be great. Let me know thanks.

Here is the info on the car so far.
98 Mustang Cobra
80,000 miles on car, less than 4,000 on newly forged motor
-Crower Stage 3 Blower Cams
-Comp Cams valves/retainers
-Diamond pistons w/Manley H-beams and all ARP hardware
-9 Quart Canton Pan
-Compression is 9.1 tuned for 91 octane
-Novi 2000 with 2.9 Racing Reichard 8 Rib Pulley
-Complete 8-Rib Conversion
-Novi 2000 Air to Air Front Mount Intercooler
-10% Larger Crank Pulley by Innovators West good for 3-4 more lbs of boost.
-Complete fuel system with Glenn's performance tank.
-Twin 255lph Walbros.
-UPR rails w/60lb. injectors
-Twin -8 AN lines
-Vortech Mondo Bypass
-Anderson Power Pipe
-SCT MAF
-SCT Tuning
-Autometer Phantom boost and fuel pressure gauges
-3.73 FRPP gears
-Dallas Mustang Speedcal
-BRAND NEW 03-04 cobra clutch w/Fidanza aluminum flywheel (less than 600 miles on them)
-Maximum Motorsports quadrant, adjuster, and Ford cable
-Maximum Motorsports Sub frame connectors
-Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
-Eibach Pro-Kit shocks/struts
-Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs
-Black leather in better condition than most, interior is overall good shape
-18" Powder Coated FR500 Wheels, 18x10 in the rear 18x9 up front. 315 Falken Azeni's in the rear 265 yoka's up front.
-MGW shifter
-Bassani Mid Length Headers with matching Bassani offroad X-pipe with Magnaflow catback exhaust

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
sounds like a sick set up. is the rear-end stock? how bout the trans? both should be fine but will be on borrowed time if u plan on driving the car hard at the track/street. if u do buy it, i would suggest getting it retuned just to be safe.

does it have all the receipts? make sure all the work on the car was done right. other than that check for normal things like carfax, leaks, odd smells etc. a compression check might be a good idea too.

01SVT19

TCG Elite Member
Apr 23, 2006
sounds like a sick set up. is the rear-end stock? how bout the trans? both should be fine but will be on borrowed time if u plan on driving the car hard at the track/street. if u do buy it, i would suggest getting it retuned just to be safe.

does it have all the receipts? make sure all the work on the car was done right. other than that check for normal things like carfax, leaks, odd smells etc. a compression check might be a good idea too.

Carfax is clean, Compression is on my list of things to check, I asked about the trans havent heard from him yet, If I can pick it up for a decent price I wouldnt mind putting some $$ into it to make it work the way I want it to. He says it dynoed at 670rwhp and 580rwtq on 20psi.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info