Creeking catback possible?

This just started a few days ago. The only thing that was changed on the car was that I threw some 17x10.5 w/ BFG DR's on. I noticed this 2 days after I put the rims on. When the car gets up to temperature a creeking noise starts from the rear. Its like a wooden floor creeking when you walk over it. For the first 10 min of driving it doesn't do it. After about 10 min it starts making this noise. When the car is cold, I can press down on the rear and don't hear anything. Right after driving it it makes this noise if I push down on it. Can a rusty catback cause this? I checked yesterday and everything is tight. The only thing is that the pipes sit right on the rearend. It's a Flowmaster catback and has been on the car for a good 4 years. The hangers are rusted and the mufflers have some rust on them. I'm thinking that this noise is coming from the pipes rubbing on the rearend when they get hot, but I've never had this problem before. Suspension and rearend were done 3 months ago, so I doubt it's the springs creeking.

My tips are welded on so no adjustment there. The weird thing is that yesterday morning when going to work I started hearing it after 5 min of driving. Then at work I took my friend for a quick 0 - 70mph blast because he wanted to take a ride with the drag radials on. After work going to the girlfriends house and then back home I didn't hear a thing. Hopefully it fixed itself.

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
I will take a photo of the interior of my trunk and give you a good place to look. I saw a write up on it somewhere and dont remember where. There is a joint (i said joint!) in the trunk where a weld is and it sometimes breaks or is shitty in its manufacture and the two pieces squeak on each other. I cant remember where I saw it? Mine just started doing it.
Ill post it up

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• B
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list