Car Enthusiast Etiquette

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Just something I’ve noticed over the years and was made pretty clear today. Anytime I see a nice collector car on the road – Camaro, Vette, Challenger, Mustang, even old British cars -- I’ll give a thumbs-up or wave, and am always greeted with a rev of the engine or a return wave/thumbs-up.

As for modern collector cars, I give the same wave but am often ignored. WTF? For example, today I saw an Ariel Atom coming at me on a two-lane subdivision street. I stuck my arm out the window and gave a big ole thumbs-up. The dude just looked at me like, “what’s wrong with his thumb?” and kept on driving. Same thing happened when I gave the wave to an Exige today.

Just wanted to share. And that I saw an Ariel Atom on the road. Holy jeezus it looks badass. That’s all.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
ive noticed this w/ most of the "new generation". ill sometimes get the wave or nod, whatever, but more times than not it goes ignored. however, i almost ALWAYS get another Z owner giving me a wave, or a rev, whatever. makes me feel all warm inside

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
old money > new money

i always wave when i see another gto on the road. i dont get too many back tho, cuz most gto owners probably dont recognize that im one of them. haha

subie owners are great about waving at each other tho. doesnt even matter what kinda subie, everyone gets a wave

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Vette owners are the most adamant about waving. “Save the wave” dates back to the 1970s I think, and is a staple of Vette ownership. When I had the C6 for a week, I waved at every freakin Vette I saw.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
the vette wave surprises most people that ride in my car.. i get waves from almost every vette i see except for C5's. most C5 owners are assholes honestly.

Yeah, I noticed that too. My pops has a 1964, and it's the same deal when we're cruising. Some old guy and his wife in their C5 pulled up next to me when I was in the C6 and both looked at me and waved at the same time. Then he goosed it and blasted up to around 100 mph :rofl:

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
Just something I’ve noticed over the years and was made pretty clear today. Anytime I see a nice collector car on the road – Camaro, Vette, Challenger, Mustang, even old British cars -- I’ll give a thumbs-up or wave, and am always greeted with a rev of the engine or a return wave/thumbs-up.

As for modern collector cars, I give the same wave but am often ignored. WTF? For example, today I saw an Ariel Atom coming at me on a two-lane subdivision street. I stuck my arm out the window and gave a big ole thumbs-up. The dude just looked at me like, “what’s wrong with his thumb?” and kept on driving. Same thing happened when I gave the wave to an Exige today.

Just wanted to share. And that I saw an Ariel Atom on the road. Holy jeezus it looks badass. That’s all.

yeah the country is going to shit!

ive noticed this w/ most of the "new generation". ill sometimes get the wave or nod, whatever, but more times than not it goes ignored. however, i almost ALWAYS get another Z owner giving me a wave, or a rev, whatever. makes me feel all warm inside

srt4 are the same way...always wave at each other - wife gets pissed cuz she gets nothing in her WRX but when she drives my neon she gets checked out, waved at....flipped off...j/k

-- i think it depends on if the driver is really into cars (waves) or if hes just a dumb yuppie (doesnt wave) with money to waste as to weather or not they wave

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info