Where is a good place to get my stock springs cut?

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
Lots of people cut the springs and are fine with it. I think it is a good way to possibly judge how low you would want to go with aftermarket springs and you get immediate results without having to wait for the springs to settle. Plus some people like the linear rate springs that come stock and do not prefer the progressive like almost all aftermarkets. I may have that wrong tho.

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
Coupe or Vert? Not sure on the verts but on my Coupe I cut 3/4 coil off of the back and half a coil off of the front. You might be OK with 3/4 off of the front as well.
If you use a hacksaw get ready for some popeye arms. Get a dremmel with some heavy duty cutting wheels. Do not let someone use a cutting torch on them.

Dewalt03cobra

Dewalt03Cobra
Dec 3, 2004
Aftermarket springs may not give you what you want either, I have the Eibach pro springs and the forward rake was too much. I cut a 1/2 coil out of the rears. I also cut CobraJ's HR's. If I remember correctly I took 1/4 coil out of the front and 3/4 coil out of the back. We took a 1/4 coil each time till we were happy. Springs really don't take that much time to do. PM me I can probably help ya out.

Dewalt03cobra

Dewalt03Cobra
Dec 3, 2004
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info