GMS and MMS K-Memebr looks the Same??

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
Hello to all, I'm new here so I just want to start off by interducing my self.
The problem I'm having is I just ordered a K-member and A-Arms w/coilovers from GMS. When I got it the instructions were terrible. I had to download MMS's instructions to install this thing. At first I did not notice this but they look the same. I was wondering if some one stole some ones design or who really makes who's. And are aftermarket caster and camber plates really required to run coil overs? I 've seen pics of some setups that have coilovers and run stock plates. Also has any one had problems with GMS's K-Member at all. Thanks

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
What are some of the problems people have with these. It kind of sucks because it took me a week between work and other things to put the hole setup on. I guest if I had to I could go back to the stock setup. I also don't like it because it gets in the way of the oil cooler. Since this k-member looks just like MMS's does that mean that theirs won't work with the stock oil cooler too? This really fucking sucks.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
What are some of the problems people have with these. It kind of sucks because it took me a week between work and other things to put the hole setup on. I guest if I had to I could go back to the stock setup. I also don't like it because it gets in the way of the oil cooler. Since this k-member looks just like MMS's does that mean that theirs won't work with the stock oil cooler too? This really fucking sucks.

With the MM you relocate the oil filter. For a road course car, you don't need the oil heater anyway.

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
"perfected geometry"
its converts from our cheapass macpherson strut front setup to a proper short long arm setup
the griggs K is a good Kmember, just gotta keep an eye on the welds and motor mounts, as it's not unheard of for shit to break on em.
Either go all out and do the MM K or leave it stock. Most of those cheap K's are just junk made for running 3.5 inch tires on ur drag car in a straight line and will bend and break if u do anything else with them. This has been beaten to death in soo many threads soo many times, I really had to think about whether I wanted to repeat this and beat the dead horse here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info