TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
General Tech help - Not car related.

What is the best weedwacker to buy?

2 cycle or 4 cycle?

straight shaft or bent shaft?

single line or double line?

I assume gas powered over electric...

I have been looking @ lowes, HD, Menards - Really do not want to get another POS Craftsman. Kind of had my eye on an Echo @ HD.

Opinions?

What do landscapers use?

blubyu

TCG Elite Member
Nov 7, 2004
I bought a 4 stroke bent shaft about a 2 years ago at Lowes. It has the interchangable accessories and I also purchased the edger attachment for 60 or 70.00. I weed wack and swap out for the edger and do the edging. No issues so far, has the double line.
Not cheap, but I was tired of buying a new 69.00 weed wacker every 3 years.
This looks close to what I have.
http://www.troybilt.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_14102_92357_54980_-1
I'm sure they have made little changes.
I give it a 4 out of 5 because nothing is perfect. :biggthump
The spring assist starter takes a little getting used to, but it actually works pretty good and starts after just a couple pulls.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
I do landscaping and I use cheap Homelite's, I think i payed 70$ for the one I've had for years now. Its still like brand new, but I maintain all my stuff greatly. My craftsmen lawn tractors are like brand new too and they are over a decade old and have thousands of hours on them combined. Never had a problem with craftsmen stuff.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I have an Echo which works pretty well, but I have a friend who just bought a Black and Decker 24V battery powered unit.

It's VERY nice, lasts a LONG time and if I were to do it again, I'd definitely go electric cordless.

Sounds easier than having to mix the gas/oil and warm up the trimmer each time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info