My radiator fan issues

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
ok, so I originally bought my car 3 years ago with with 38k miles on it, and when the fan used to come on, the idle would dip just slightly then correct itself
over time it seems the idle has dipped a little more every time the fan would come on.
This spring, after getting the car all back together(did a shitload of stuff to it which complicates it more, including relocating the battery and throwing a small small underdrive on the alternator) the fan would not come on and I overheated multiple times and thought I had air pockets when I realized, DUH! the fan was not coming on. Low and behold the fuse for it was blown. Replaced fuse, fan worked a couple times but seemed to really struggle to come on. Then blew another fuse. Replaced that, blew the next fuse next time i took the car out to drive. Jumper wired the fan, and the fan works great now, but the car almost dies when the fan comes on. And if I'm driving and the fan comes on the car will buck and hesitate like its about to blow for about 2-3 seconds. I have a brand new battery, everything else as far as electronics is working great, I made some badass grounds, so I doubt thats the issue, so I'm about to just start replacing shit.

first up I think is to replace the fan, then ccrm, then maybe tps? I really don't know at this point

anyone got any ideas or had similar issues?
car now has 51k on it
its an 01 gt

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
.... LOL
I was hoping none of you would take the time to go look at that

yes, all my gay ass lame friends drive imports, and somehow talked me into going
the guy who really talked me into it ended up not even going cuz his house burned down along with his car!

i guess flame on :dunno:

and 250 for a 2 day event just seemed like such a good deal, I just hope it's not as poorly run as I have a feeling it will be

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
ok, so when I did my battery relocation on this POS, I didn't add an engine ground on the pass side, so I welded a post on the passenger side frame rail and ran a 1 gauge wire from the block to the post to act as an additional engine ground.
Needless to say, the fan seems to be working great now, idle only dips slightly when it turns on, and everything else in the car seems to be working a helluva lot better.
you can never have enough grounds!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info