wtf is wrong with my car!?!?!

Skrat

You Go. We Go.
Apr 30, 2008
Starting last week sometime, my car started pulling hard, and bouncin around, so I decided to fix all the front end problems. My rack was shot, bad tirods, bushings needed to be replaced, so I got all that taken care of and an alignment. Driving it around tonight, it was muuuuuch better than what it was before (atleast its drivable), but it STILLL isn't 100%. Its good, but every now and then it just jerks to one side, or wants to coast off. Most cars you could stear with a couple fingers. I still need to muscle it around.

....Now, I've been on slicks/skinnys for 2 years before this, and just went to a 17'' Cobra R wheel. Am I just not used to a car with suspension and a full size tire??

Any ideas?

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Its more of a 'outa nowhere jerk' like im jerking the wheel around. and then its back to normal. It never did it with skinnys on the car. But now theres about 6 more inches of tire on the road.

If you weren't such a pewny little bitch, you wouldn't have a problem holding onto the steering wheel with 2 fingers... we all do it.

:joke: but really, it does happen depending on how the crown is, and it is way worse when you're lowered.

Skrat

You Go. We Go.
Apr 30, 2008
If you weren't such a pewny little bitch, you wouldn't have a problem holding onto the steering wheel with 2 fingers... we all do it.

:joke: but really, it does happen depending on how the crown is, and it is way worse when you're lowered.

Hmmm. I never did get a bumpsteer kit. I'm only lowered with Csprings. Should I be noticing it more with 275's. Rather than skinnys? Cuz this is outa nowhere it seems, thats why I think somethings broken. But nothing I can see.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
if you live in the city, its cause the crap roads combined with the new wider tires. you're just so used to skinny as tires so you didnt really experience bumpsteer. now that you got actual tires on, you're gonna feel ever nook and cranny in the road.

i have 275's up front and 315's out back on my car and when i drove around the ohare area, i had to constantly keep two hands on the hweel because of how the roads are from all the trucks.

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008
My friends gt does the same thing with 255 wide rubber up front. Its not really a problem and it varies with different tire brands, its just a tendency of the tire to follow the pattern of the road, in the city that pattern means you have to hold on good :p

i agree with this guy. i remember riding on skinnys for years. the first time i put my meats up front,it was a way different ride. it was nice corner carving again though.lol.

Skrat

You Go. We Go.
Apr 30, 2008
Just checked my steering shaft thingy....Its lose. I'm gonna weld the mother F*er. And if that doesnt work. I'll buy a new one.

Now....If I need to replace it, do I have to take my header off to get 'er done? I have long tubes on the car, and the shaft goes through one of the tubes.

Skrat

You Go. We Go.
Apr 30, 2008
wtf is wrong with these damn mustangs!!!
No shit man. I just spend fuckin $1800 on everything I knew was wrong with the car (rack,tirods,bushings,coil pack went bad in storage,trans was leaking,shifter cable was fucked,blew my pinion seal on the dyno last season.....). And FINALLLLLLY think the car is problem free for once in God only knows how long, and now my fucking steering shaft wants to be a bitch. I'm still driving the car till I fix it. Its too much fun.
It just takes a little extra muscle to keep it stright. thats all.

If anyone knows where I could pick one up for kinda cheap. Let me know!!!
I decided I'm not gonna weld it, because the way my luck goes, I'm gonna weld it, and get a header leak within a week, so I'm just gonna spend the money on one.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Hmmm. I never did get a bumpsteer kit. I'm only lowered with Csprings. Should I be noticing it more with 275's. Rather than skinnys? Cuz this is outa nowhere it seems, thats why I think somethings broken. But nothing I can see.

Yes the fatter the tire the more noticible the jerk is especially on uneven roads. Get a steeda bumpsteer kit and your problem will be solved. I have one on my car and it works great. It does exactly what its suppose to eliminate the bump steer.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
What kind of tires are you using up front?

My GS-D3's pull like crazy in every direction.
After winter is over and I remove my snow tires and put on the GS-D3's, I have to get used to it all over again.

The snow tires track perfectly straight and the GS-D3's follow every contour and crevice in the road. I think a lot of uni-directional performance tires are like that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info