Car breaking up in boost......

Xx CHOPPZ xX

R.I.P Chris "Crazy Chris" Beckmann. I will Miss U!
Feb 29, 2008
Chicago
Hey guys,

I need some help here on this one. So last night and for a few days now the car has been breaking up when I hit boost. It gets really bad between 60 and 100 mph and the car feels like it just wants to fall on its face but after 100 its smooth???? :dunno:I would think it would be my plugs but not really sure…. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

fastfocus

TCG Elite Member
Nov 30, 2004
Hey guys,

I need some help here on this one. So last night and for a few days now the car has been breaking up when I hit boost. It gets really bad between 60 and 100 mph and the car feels like it just wants to fall on its face but after 100 its smooth???? :dunno:I would think it would be my plugs but not really sure…. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

u mean like cutting out? or backfireing?

fastfocus

TCG Elite Member
Nov 30, 2004
Like cutting out.....

my car does that in 1st gear when i do a burnout, when car starts getting traction and R's start dropping cuz of the traction, the engine starts cutting out... pull your plugs and see what they look like.. i know my plug wires melted on my header once and made it real bad...belt slip maybe? cuz u are supercharged right?

Xx CHOPPZ xX

Feb 29, 2008
Chicago
my car does that in 1st gear when i do a burnout, when car starts getting traction and R's start dropping cuz of the traction, the engine starts cutting out... pull your plugs and see what they look like.. i know my plug wires melted on my header once and made it real bad...belt slip maybe? cuz u are supercharged right?

NO I have a turbo on the car.. I will be checking the plugs this weekend and see what they look like.

Xx CHOPPZ xX

Feb 29, 2008
Chicago
as i stated in the other post, i tuned the car.. with high boost, the intercooler causes crazy turbulence and the MAF freaks out.. The car runs best at about 13psi..anything higher is going to require a new intercooler and a complete retune.

Hey Bob,

What kind of intercooler should I get and then how much for a retune?? I am at 16psi right now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info