User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
1997SVTcobra's Avatar
GET BORED
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 484
GET BORED
 
1997SVTcobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 484
Casino cash: $4702600
0.10 per day
Default Need Some Electronic Help

so im looking at getting a '93 Lumina Z34 well the tail lights just stopped working one day (i know this because its my room mates car)
ive been trying to find some stuff on the net, found something about a Tail Light Outage fuse...then ive also heard there was like a switch actually in the dash??

just wondering if anyone else knows anything about this??


*PLEASE MOVE, PUT THIS ONE IN THE WRONG SECTION!
__________________
1997SVTcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:54 PM   #2
Flyn's Avatar
Go ahead. I'll catch up.
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Posts: 46,125
Go ahead. I'll catch up.
 
Flyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Posts: 46,125
Casino cash: $237028900
8.17 per day
Default

Thread moved but can't help with the tail light problem. If you don't get any answers here, try a Lumina forum or pick up a service manual.
Flyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:38 PM   #3
cap42's Avatar
Restoration Hell
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bolingbrook IL
Posts: 1,951
Restoration Hell
 
cap42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bolingbrook IL
Posts: 1,951
Casino cash: $4064000
0.37 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997SVTcobra View Post
so im looking at getting a '93 Lumina Z34 well the tail lights just stopped working one day (i know this because its my room mates car)
ive been trying to find some stuff on the net, found something about a Tail Light Outage fuse...then ive also heard there was like a switch actually in the dash??

just wondering if anyone else knows anything about this??


*PLEASE MOVE, PUT THIS ONE IN THE WRONG SECTION!
There is a switch on your brake pedal that detects when the brakes have been applied to set off the brake lights, a 91 lumina our family owned had the same issue years ago.
__________________
1971 Nova - Rust bucket in process of restoration
cap42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:11 PM   #4
1997SVTcobra's Avatar
GET BORED
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 484
GET BORED
 
1997SVTcobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 484
Casino cash: $4702600
0.10 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap42 View Post
There is a switch on your brake pedal that detects when the brakes have been applied to set off the brake lights, a 91 lumina our family owned had the same issue years ago.
you know where abouts on the brake peddal by chance??

and i should prolly clear this up, its not when you push the brake in, its while the headlights are on...the dimed tail lights dont kick on
1997SVTcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:26 PM   #5
cap42's Avatar
Restoration Hell
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bolingbrook IL
Posts: 1,951
Restoration Hell
 
cap42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bolingbrook IL
Posts: 1,951
Casino cash: $4064000
0.37 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997SVTcobra View Post
you know where abouts on the brake peddal by chance??

and i should prolly clear this up, its not when you push the brake in, its while the headlights are on...the dimed tail lights dont kick on
So the parking lights aren't lighting up, ignore the switch I'm speaking off then, that is only for brake lights, your looking for the normal fuse panel, if I remember right the fuse panel is on the drivers side left hand side of the steering column right above where the kickpanel would be.

If I am wrong then it's on the passenger side under the glove box.
cap42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts