SRT-4 Reliability/Problems

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
well just from personal experience with my old toolbox-roomate's srt-4 it's that it doesn't run well with urine in the gas tank.

:bowrofl: Wouldn't that be like water injection lol j/k! My buddy beats the living sh*t out of his srt-4 and he's only broken the trans so far and roasted the stock clutch. Its a 30r car so it was bound to happen anyways. If you don't drive the car super hard all the time i can't imagine anything really going wrong. The bad side.... show me 5 srt-4's that haven't gotten molested... You are better off finding at gto with a warranty, mpg's would be the same anyways lol.

esteinmaier

Dark Helmet
Jun 17, 2008
Speaking from someone who has actually worked on them....

Their PCV systems are junk. It's very necessary to get a catch can in a hurry or your intercooler will be a 2nd oil reservoir.

They actually are well built cars. They figured out all the shortcomings of the neon platform long before they dropped the turbo in it.

Everything else about them is driver related. You beat on it, expect failures.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
i just kicked 70,000 miles...HARD MILES!! i still have the original clutch - although its starting to go but still gonna make it the rest of the year - i have only had it in the dealer two times for warrenty - 1.) RR wheel bearing and oil pressure switch (think i fucked that one up) 2.)sunroof was loose and rattleing - never any problems with service.

i love that car and i am half tempted to buy another one

if you want it to be a daily driver --

get a AFC and WIDEBAND and take some fuel out of it (rich as hell stock) and you can get over 30mpg that way instead of low 20s stock

get a good set of snow tires

other then that - its prolly the first somewhat smart idea you had since i've known you:rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info