People w/ muscle cars: how do you protect your car

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
My dad wants to put an alarm system on his 70 Chevelle SS. What is the best/most practical way to do this? He wants an alarm because of the peace of mind and our insurance agent will give us a discount. Is this possible or is my dad a dumbass?

Depends on what kind of insurance you have...

I know with Regular insurance Alarms will ONLY help with items stolen OUT of the car (Parts of Comprehensive), but has VERY small effect otherwise?

I assume it has to be different for a collectible?

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
an alarm system wouldnt be all that difficult. of course he wouldnt be able to use the power lock feature, but he could manually lock it and use a door jam and shock sensor that would set the alarm off. not really sure how it could be done, but im sure others are in the same boat as your dad.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Last edited:

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
stock alarm bitches.... unless of course any of you want to steal the car, then of course, it has a robotic hand that comes out from under it and grabs you by the nuts if you try to touch it....... and a big dog then jumps outta the trunk to eat your face.... so yeah, enjoy

WhiteDevil

Armed
Jan 5, 2008
I had a PRO install mine on 3 cars(66 nova,68 impala SC, 78 mino) the first two worked great, 2nd one had a short and fried the ignition wiring and onto the rest of the wires.

It is possible.

It actually wires in alot easier then a new vehicle.

You can also have no alarm, say you do, put a dummy light in there and 12v positive to the door handles.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
lol@ the club. A hacksaw to the steering wheel takes care of that.

Mount a hidden switch somewhere to kill power to the fuel pump. Nobody can drive off without that running.

yea that sure would take care of mechanical pumps no problem.:ugh:

my buick was a combination of no choke spring and ratchet shifter... worked well ironically the only person to be able to start and drive my car was my mom; go figure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info