Possible Engine Problem

slackerme

Regular
Jan 16, 2006
Hello

Alright I will try to make this as short as possible.

Havent driven my car in like 2 weeks and it has been in a heated garage at about 45 degrees. Move it out of the garage to clean the floor and notice a oil spot on the floor about the size of your hand. Found it was dripping off the pass side exhuast manifold and the top of the pass valve cover had a little oil on it as well.

I thought I traced it to the hose from my PCV valve to my Steeda Oil Seperator. The line the goes from the Valve cover the the oil sep the only way I can descripe it is if you took a windex bottle full of oil and misted the line. It had oil bubbles all over it and just on the line. So I pulled the line noticed it was a heater hose and thought maybe the oil was eating the line. So I bought new line, a oil and fuel line this time and replaced it. I drove about 10 miles and parked in the garage again. I dont know if any of this has to do with the real problem I have but I dont know?

Yesterday after work at 6 I went to the garage to get the car and drove it to my house 5 miles where it sat outside for about 3-4 hours in the cold and then i drove it back to the garage, poped the hood and noticed whats in the pictures.

Im thinking a blown head dasket but my friends are sayin it could be just condensation? The car runs and drives fine, but this is bothering me.

There is not white on the dip stick just the oil fill cap and the oil seperator.

This morning after the car sitting in the garage over night the white stuff was still there. So I marked where the coolant level was in the resivior and then I drove about 25 miles and now the car is sitting outside my house.

Im not sure what to do or what the problem is?

Any insite would be awsome.

Thanks
DAN
2329709_38_full.jpg

2329709_39_full.jpg

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
The short trips are killing it. You need to get the engine up to operating temperature and keep it there for a while. Maybe some of the condensation will disappear if you do that on a regular basis. Not the easiest thing to do in Chicago winters, but running the car frequenly will help, even if you don't drive it.

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
The short trips are killing it. You need to get the engine up to operating temperature and keep it there for a while. Maybe some of the condensation will disappear if you do that on a regular basis. Not the easiest thing to do in Chicago winters, but running the car frequenly will help, even if you don't drive it.

+1

It happens if you don't let the oil heat up enough to evaporate the condinsation in the motor.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
My girlfriend's GT does the same thing, except the underside of the oil cap gets much worse. The milky, water laden oil vapor builds up really thick under there and if you poke your finger into it, the water will actually squirt out.

I always tell her that she needs to drive it longer distances, especially in winter. I take my car out at least once per week and drive it for at least 30 minutes to burn off all the moisture. It seems to really help since I no longer get that buildup.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info