DIY TB & Plenum Port?

DIY?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
O

oohsoobad2

I had good results porting the upper plenum and throttle body on my GT. I also spent a good month porting the Bullitt intake Im running now, all this was with a Dremel.

I read a good article about porting recently. It recommended using the longer bits designed for air tools, with a variable speed drill for hard to reach areas. You cant spin them too fast or they will wobble, but its an alternative to the air compressor and die grinder route.

Just remember to smooth out anywhere you cut and use lots of WD40.

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
I ported my plenum myself, and it looks exactly like the steigmeir. The only thing you need to do is weld up the outside so you can port it the proper way. There are 2 or 3 spots where you have to fill in order to be able to port it. I tried to do a throttle body and ended up going right through the side. The sides of the throttle body are very thin. I think it would take you a very long time with a dremel. I used an air powered carbide grinding tool and it took me about an hour and a half to do.

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
Just remember to smooth out anywhere you cut and use lots of WD40.

You can't do w/o it? Just sounds messy.

I ported my plenum myself, and it looks exactly like the steigmeir. The only thing you need to do is weld up the outside so you can port it the proper way. There are 2 or 3 spots where you have to fill in order to be able to port it. I tried to do a throttle body and ended up going right through the side. The sides of the throttle body are very thin. I think it would take you a very long time with a dremel. I used an air powered carbide grinding tool and it took me about an hour and a half to do.

Weld the outside? How does that look? I'm sure If i pull the thing off or take a close look at it i'll see what ur talking about.

Is there any trick? Or just go slow?

Thread Info