BBK manifold..worth the money?

BAB

"BOX 4"
Sep 11, 2006
bbkSSImanifold.jpg

15-40HP increase over stock manifold. When the BBK engineers set-out to develop an all-new performance intake for the popular 5.0L Mustang, what they found was that all the other manifolds on the market shared many of the same design weaknesses as the factory unit. All manifolds tested delivered an un-balanced flow to each cylinder due to sharp radiuses of the front front runners and all were limited by the small factory fuel rails. As the other brands all came from companies known for their years of carbureted experience - the results were not a surprise. Utilizing over fifteen years of EFI only experience - BBK engineers developed this revolutionary manifold which is about to re-write the chapter or Mustang performance. With a lower manifold that features an open runner design for cooler intake air mixture, identical runner shapes for equal distribution, 75mm throttle body opening, and high torque twin plenums for maximum street performance. Topped with beautiful anodized aluminum high flow fuel rails and a durable titanium powdercoat finish - the new BBK SSI-Series Manifold sends the competition back to the drawing board. • The only 5.0L manifold to offer identical open runner design for better balance, cooler induction mixture, and maximum performance • Kit includes upper and lower manifolds, all necessary hardware, and gaskets • Beautiful high-flow fuel rail kit delivers maximum performance and works with all performance distributors • Removeable baffle plate reduces weight and allows for easy install of nitrous oxide • This kit includes BBK high-flow fuel rails • Cowl indiction hood required to clear intake on 94-95 mustangs. •Built-in EGR mount, no need to purchase EGR spacer Throttle body is NOT included with this Part #BBK5001 Part # BBK5002 includes Throttle body.

$500

any suggestions?

BAB

"BOX 4"
Sep 11, 2006
That depends on a lot. As long as you don't go crazy with it and have a good tune it will last. I have been pushing mine pretty hard for that last few years and have had a few issues, but the bottom end has held together so far.

i talked to summit racing and they said it would be a better idea going with the stage one cam if ur running on a stock bottom end:( cause of the clearance issue

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Holley Systemax intake is the best bang for the buck ($600 or less).

You have to figure out what the end goal is for the car (N/A or power adder) and the amount of power your budget can support.

The Trickflow and Holley H/C/I are nice, streetable kits. If you have the cash, put together a custom kit (Holley intake, Trickflow/AFR heads, custom ground cam, etc.)

Dave

BAB

"BOX 4"
Sep 11, 2006
I have that kit with a stage#2 cam on a stock 91 short block. It cleared on my setup
short clip http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/95trippleblackconv/video/?action=view&current=mustang2.flv
sounds great:headbang:

Holley Systemax intake is the best bang for the buck ($600 or less).

You have to figure out what the end goal is for the car (N/A or power adder) and the amount of power your budget can support.

The Trickflow and Holley H/C/I are nice, streetable kits. If you have the cash, put together a custom kit (Holley intake, Trickflow/AFR heads, custom ground cam, etc.)

Dave

if everythin goes through i wanna go turbo this winter. Im gonna try to get this kit next week.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info