BMW owner wraps entire car different color

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
This is badass, and likely cheaper than painting a car or trading one in for another color. And it's not quite as permanent as painting either.

BMW owner tapes black car to white
When a BMW 335i owner in Munich became bored with his black coupe, he hired a team to wrap it in white tape. Two days later, he drove home in his refreshed "Alpine White" coupe (with an M3-appearing black roof). No, it's not normal tape. It's a special 3M wrap, and the process is known as "foiling." Apparently, the German military has been using the process (with an olive drab tape) for some time now. Likewise, the process is popular with race teams and taxi companies. Available in countless colors, the tape itself is thick enough to protect the paint from minor chips and nicks, and it can be left adhered to the surface for 3-4 years without damage (!). Adhesion isn't a problem either, as the tape can even withstand an automatic car wash without peeling off.

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

g4.jpg

g5.jpg

g6.jpg

g7.jpg

g8.jpg

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
X2 on the cost and reliability of it. Looks pretty labor intensive with all the stretching and cutting, however has to be way easier than sanding and painting the whole car right? I wouldn't see them doing that if it costs more, unless they are just doing it to be different? Thats definitely the coolest thing I've seen in a while, hands down.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Whether or not there will be damage is dependent on the paint's condition. on this car, probably not an issue, but if your paint is cracked, peeling, etc., there is some risk for damage. Or at least according to this one company that does full wraps for advertisements and such.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info