Tire spin opinions

After looking at my data logs it looks like 2nd gear never hooked on my 11.8 run I lifted and hit it again just to start spinning them again. What do you guys thing is the problem. This is a 4r70w Trans with a modded stock valve body

1. Nittos 555R’s need a better tire
2. Trans shifts to hard and blows the tires off
3. I just need to learn how to petal the car better
4. Need to turn the trans TQ mod back on in the tune
5. ?

Log link below (excel file)
http://www.mediafire.com/?1akwq0ytpm3

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
After looking at my data logs it looks like 2nd gear never hooked on my 11.8 run I lifted and hit it again just to start spinning them again. What do you guys thing is the problem. This is a 4r70w Trans with a modded stock valve body

1. Nittos 555R’s need a better tire
2. Trans shifts to hard and blows the tires off
3. I just need to learn how to lift and reapply the power
4. Need to turn the trans TQ mod back on in the tune
5. ?

Log link below (excel file)
http://www.mediafire.com/?1akwq0ytpm3

That would be my guess.

Shane97Cobra

Addict
Apr 27, 2005
I agree with the above. I would first just try a M/T Radial first. They are a HUGE improvement over the Nittos. If those don't hold then I would consider a slick of some type.

I know you said you are also almost out of gear. Can't remember if you are on 16" or 17" rims, but M/T now makes that 17" radial that is almost 28" tall. Might be a good answer. Taller tire give you the extra gear and a little more sideway to take the shock out of that 1-2 shift.

I agree with the above. I would first just try a M/T Radial first. They are a HUGE improvement over the Nittos. If those don't hold then I would consider a slick of some type.

I know you said you are also almost out of gear. Can't remember if you are on 16" or 17" rims, but M/T now makes that 17" radial that is almost 28" tall. Might be a good answer. Taller tire give you the extra gear and a little more sideway to take the shock out of that 1-2 shift.

Thanks
Yes I am out of gear I had to shift into N just before the line @6500 116 MPH. Going to get a 3000 stall converter over the winter. then some new tires looking @ Mickey Thompson 295/40-17 27.19 in. Tall. I think my rim is 9 is 9.5

With the belt issue the balancer looked like it wobbled a little and the center bolt took about 1 turn to get to 140FPS. I just torqued if a mouth ago so I think its time for a SFI one.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
There are various recipes, but below is my setup (1.55 - 1.60 / sometimes 1.64 60 ft on BFG drag radials). A good suspension setup will also work wonders for your...

Suspension:
Rear
• Comp Engineering LCA's
• Metco UCA's
• Stock springs/rear swaybar
Front
• Moroso trick drag springs
• 90/10 struts/front sway bar removed
• Caster camber plates

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info