Ok stumped on this one too

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaykruger

Juiced, ported and blown
Mar 30, 2007
THE CAR: Sisters 2005 Grand Prix with the 3800

THE PROBLEM:

Upon start up, (intermittently) the car will start up for a second, and really hesitate, and sometimes it will die and other times it will barely keep it going. What I do to try to get rid of it is just give it a little gas when it seems to falter, and then it's ok, but that's NOT ok for my car.

THINGS I'VE ALREADY DONE:

1. Changed spark plugs. (minus the passenger side back of block)

2. Changed fuel filter.

3. Changed PCV valve.

4. Changed air filter.

5. Cleaned out throttle body.

6. Checked fuel pump pressure. (within normal limits)

I think that's it. Just let me know if you think of something.

Also will clean the MAF on it shortly. Other problem is she is in TN and I have to walk her BF though the stuff.

Oct 5, 2006
Easiest thing to do would be hook up a scanner and first check the fuel trims and make sure that the front O2 sensors are switching. GM's also have the ability to display which cylinders are misfiring very well so look at which cylinders have misfires and target those.

Also check for air leaks by spraying brake cleaner around the engine bay at idle, if you can get it idle, and see if the rpm's change at all while spraying specific areas. If there are misfires on certain cylinders maybe swap coils between cylinders and see if the misfires switch cylinders, same goes for injectors.

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
plastic intake manifold or aluminum?

If it's plastic, you have a bad fuel pressure regulator.

If it's aluminum, get your injectors cleaned.

That's where I'd start and I've been working at a GM dealer for almost four years now and we see alot of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info