which gauge...wide. a/f or fuel psi

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
is it something i should really consider getting? is it somthing i really need? i understand what it is monitering but how often will the a/f really change?

It's the single most important gauge. Any engine I had more then a couple grand into, then Id get one. A/F won't change offen...only when you have a problem, it's when you have a problem, you have engine failure. Meltted plug wires would have sent your a/f gauge into the hills.... :biggthump

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
It's the single most important gauge. Any engine I had more then a couple grand into, then Id get one. A/F won't change offen...only when you have a problem, it's when you have a problem, you have engine failure. Meltted plug wires would have sent your a/f gauge into the hills.... :biggthump

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

looks like i will be getting one then. thanks kevin!

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
Do not forget about a good oil pressure gauge.

im running out of room to put them all :lmao:

i have 2 in the a-pillar right now and i have the steering column pod sitting in my room but now i am thinkin i should go with the 2-pod set up that goes in place of the instrument panel or the clock dash pod.

do you run electric gauges in ur race car?

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
is it something i should really consider getting? is it somthing i really need? i understand what it is monitering but how often will the a/f really change?

Maniak, it is the most important gauge you can probably have on a vehicle with forced induction. Your AF's should not change from what your tuner sets them at, but if they do (aka failed MAF, bad injector, bad FPR so on) you will want to know as soon as possible so that you can get out of the throttle to save your engine.
This safety net becomes even more critical when a person is on the stock bottom end like you are Maniak.

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
Maniak, it is the most important gauge you can probably have on a vehicle with forced induction. Your AF's should not change from what your tuner sets them at, but if they do (aka failed MAF, bad injector, bad FPR so on) you will want to know as soon as possible so that you can get out of the throttle to save your engine.
This safety net becomes even more critical when a person is on the stock bottom end like you are Maniak.

thanks rocket! maybe you can help me install it ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info