Any shops around the area that do custom turbo setups?

fivepointoh

كافž (Infidel)
Sep 26, 2007
Okay guys...bit new here and soon to be moving into the SW burbs area. I've got a '69 Mustang and am looking to go the turbo route. I've been in talks w/ a guy from Cali that has done a couple classics and has his own kit he's getting ready to sell. It's a pretty good kit but there are some things lacking on it.

I'll be getting a 9" soon w/ some low gears for the turbo. Along w/ some wider rear wheels and some DR's and adding a TCP total subframe kit for classic mustangs.

My engine specs are as follows.

306 c.i.
Nodular cast crank
B303 cam
Edelbrock Performer RPM heads 60cc
Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
Hypereutectic Federal Mogul pistons w/ 9.5:1 CR
Edelbrock 4bbl 650cfm w/ electric choke
Heavy duty chrome moly rods (can't remember brand)
MSD distributor

So I know w/ this combo I won't be able to push a lot of boost and therefore was thinking of getting the CR down to 8.5-9, throwing a Holley on there, getting an EV Carb hat, mod the Holley for blow through, new aluminum radiator, proper fuel accessories, MP 7-70 w/ a .96 AR, and if possible going w/ an intercooler. Not much room up front in these classics so that's iffy.

I'd like to see 9-10 pounds of boost and make it be able to run off 93. Thought about even doing an E85 tune for the cheapness and higher octane to make it a more safe tune.

So what say you guys? Who wants to help? :D

fivepointoh

كافž (Infidel)
Sep 26, 2007
Thanks Venom.

Looks like I'll be getting ahold of them in the near future. I'm really excited and have been planning this out for awhile now. I'm just hoping I can squeeze an IC in there w/out doing too much shaving or grinding.

Right now the car is seeing about 300 to the wheels. I'd be happy w/ 450-500 or so. Then once I get tired of that I'll have money for a Dart block and then up the fuel flow and boost. Then I'll move into stupid territory.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info