Farmer sends message to neighbors with car fence

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
:rofl: Just to spite his city slicker neighbors. Awesome.

capt.3d14cad943ce4cfe93dc667315f841f8.car_fence_ut0gd102.jpg

Farmer sends message to neighbors with car fence

HOOPER, Utah - A farmer has erected a fence in his backyard made of three old cars sticking up in the air to send a message to new neighbors that he can do whatever he wants on his farm. "This is just a fun way for me to say, 'Hey boys, I'm still here,'" said Rhett Davis. "This is my redneck Stonehenge."

Davis came up with the idea after neighbors who recently moved into homes next to his hayfield complained about his farm.

"The people who bought the homes say, 'Well, we love looking into your yard and seeing the horses and the cattle, but we don't like the flies, and we don't like the mosquitoes,' and when I cut my field to bale it, they say, 'We don't like the dust in the air,' " Davis said.

Davis said he offered to pay half the cost of a fence between his property and the others and to build it. He said his neighbors declined the offer, saying it would block their view.

Neighbors declined to comment to the Standard-Examiner of Ogden.

Davis said after the neighbors declined his offer, he used a backhoe to dig three large holes on the edge of his property, then took three cars that had competed in demolition derbies and planted them nose-first into the ground.

He said the cars were planted out of humor rather than spite. He said it's important that new residents moving into the area realize that Hooper remains a farming community.

The area has grown recently with new residents who desire a country atmosphere but don't want the smells and noises of farm life, Davis said.

"I respect that they're here and spent a lot on their homes, but on the other hand, give me a little bit, too. I've been here since I was 7 years old," he said.

Davis said he doesn't intend to keep the cars up permanently.

"I've talked to my neighbors and worked things out. I really just thought this would be a funny thing to do," he said. "These can come out just as easy as they went in."

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
i will never understand people like his neighbors... they move in next to him, then they complain about the farm. its like those dumbasses who move in next to a dragstrip then complain about the noise. are you serious? maybe you should have done some research before you moved next to these places

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
i will never understand people like his neighbors... they move in next to him, then they complain about the farm. its like those dumbasses who move in next to a dragstrip then complain about the noise. are you serious? maybe you should have done some research before you moved next to these places

Its the people that show the property that dupe the buyers into places like this. They try not to show the bad parts, but talk up the good stuff. Like when you see people on TV looking at places and the person showing tries to rush them out so they dont notice the train shaking the entire place. That stuff really is true.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Its the people that show the property that dupe the buyers into places like this. They try not to show the bad parts, but talk up the good stuff. Like when you see people on TV looking at places and the person showing tries to rush them out so they dont notice the train shaking the entire place. That stuff really is true.

yea but at the same time, trusing a relator completely is like trusting a car salesman... you are a complete moron if you dont take time and do some research yourself

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.

Santa Fe Speedway ring a bell? I'm still mad about that after over 10 years. Fucking ignorant ass yuppies moving into their freshly built town homes directly behind an arena that weekly hosts demo derbies, spectator racing, sprint cars and everything else that you can hear from 5 miles away.

Aww you don't like the noise? WHY THE HELL DID YOU MOVE HERE?!

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
With the proposal of moving train traffic out to the burbs around my house we are looking at a larger amount of stopped traffic due to train crossings. Now i'm just shaking this off, remembering that i rarely get stopped by a train, but other people are blowing a fucking o-ring over it. I live 5 blocks away from the tracks, i know the consequences.

If it was there before you, shut the fuck up. If it came after you, then yell all you want.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info