battery light going on

hazmat404

Addict
Apr 26, 2005
well, this is an on and off problem. i just replaced my alt about 6-8 months back . got a pretty decent one with a lifetime warranty cause i didnt want to deal with alts anymore like i did on my ol 95 gt. the battery light comes on sometimes. sometimes when i start the car up, sometimes while im driving and usually when i floor the car. sometimes it will stay on for 1 minute, sometimes for 5 and others for 15. now i checked all my connecting wires and cleaning them all off (no real corrosion except for maybe the ground to the block but its really tough to get to. with the battery light on (and car), im getting 14.2 volts from the battery. with the car off im getting 13.4 volts. that all seems right to me. i ran codes and guess that battery light doesnt show up as anything. just curious as to what you guys think is going on because the battery seems to be charging even though the light is saying its not

hazmat404

Addict
Apr 26, 2005
oh and also, there are times when its on while im driving and ill be hitting some potholes in the road and it seems to flicker...dunno if its just the light or if its the actual power going up and down. then other times i can probably run into a wall and it would stay on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• hazmat404
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list