KB Marauder Overheating at WOT

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Hey guys, hope you KB gurus might help out.
Very Wierd.
The temperature will soar to 250 degrees at WOT.
As soon as I get out of the gas, the temp goes down.
Electric waterpump works fine, new cooling fan, thermostat is in good order, new coolant. (The coolant is full before this happens)

I must have air in the system, but Ive been driving it around for months with no issue.
Normal cruising the temp is right around 200, which is normal for a KB, right?

Im gonna switch to a 170 stat for starters and burp the system.

In the 5 years of owning this car, Ive had air in the system, but never this problem. :help:

EDIT: Coolant is everywhere after this happens. Between 1/2 and 1 gallon depending on the duration of WOT

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Voltage is fine, this problem JUST popped up a few days ago.

I had a conversation with my buddy at Ford and he thinks it could be a head gasket thats allowing boost to pass through into the coolant.
He said he sees it all the time on 6.0 Diesels. Its a one way leak, which means coolant is not flowing into the combustion chamber.

When the boost leaks into the coolant, it creates temporary air pockets and the temp skyrockets, and ultimately comes out the Coolant reservoir.
^^Which is exactly what is happening to my car.

Any other suggestions welcome. This car REALLY hates me.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
zack, consider sending a sample of your coolant to the lab and see if there's combustion gasses present in it.

http://www.polarislabs1.com/coolant-analysis.htm

if it were a blown head gasket or head lifting, my reasoning says to me that you'd have excess pressure in the cooling system and it would belch out the cap, going all over the place. you dont mention any coolant loss.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
zack, consider sending a sample of your coolant to the lab and see if there's combustion gasses present in it.

http://www.polarislabs1.com/coolant-analysis.htm

if it were a blown head gasket or head lifting, my reasoning says to me that you'd have excess pressure in the cooling system and it would belch out the cap, going all over the place. you dont mention any coolant loss.

Very sorry, it loses between 1/2 and a 1 gallon of coolant when this happens.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Hey Zack, hope those o2 sensors worked out good for ya. I would try burping the system before anything else. I put new coolant in my car and didnt burp it right and it was overheating, it turned out it had just a small air pocket in it so I reburped it and it was fine after that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info