Remote start/alarm installs

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
is it hard to do one? its an auto car (96 dodge stratus obviously)

i would like a remote start and keyless entry, how hard is it to wire? ive done electrical work before and setup audio systems aswell. never done a remote start/keyless entry though.

any tips? or comments?

Bring it to Matt in the city, syP's got his number.

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
Strangely enough, the Circuit City out here is well known for quality installs...

sometimes they even reprogram the main computer in them for free in order to fix "issues"

I'm lookin to get a decent remote start/alarm system, but I am just now starting to research which ones will play nice with what the car already has...

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
ya i wanted to install it myself to save money... and i have the time. i saw bulldog makes the adapters so i dont have to splice into much either, plus they have all the instructions.

i was looking at the high-end viper because i can get it for 200 bucks new when it retails 500. (5301C )

or a compustar

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
ya i wanted to install it myself to save money... and i have the time. i saw bulldog makes the adapters so i dont have to splice into much either, plus they have all the instructions.

i was looking at the high-end viper because i can get it for 200 bucks new when it retails 500. (5301C )

or a compustar

Matt charges $180-250 (Depending upon remote start or not) for a decent remote lock AND remote start system WITH install

like I said, syP should have his number and hopefully will chime in when he gets back home.

He essentially 'runs' that shop IIRC, (again waiting for ryan to step in to correct me) and its a SMALL professional shop, not like a Best-Buy kinda thing where you aren't allowed near your car, or in the shop while they are doing it.

Lemme know when you get that number...where is the shop at? I am thinking about getting a remote start set-up on my 08 WRX. Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info