Well, it is offical, I sold my Rot-Box honda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Can't say I'm 'sad' about it, It didn't go to a Mexican, or any shit like that, so I know it will be a fun car for the person who bought it, and they will appreciate all the work put into it.

I'm gonna miss it, but I think the MAIN thing I'm gonna miss is driving stick, I personally hated commuting in it with no AC, and with such a firm ride, so I'm not really crushed over that, and it wasn't exactly a looker, so its not like I will never be able to find another one.

But regardless, The time had come to move on, Between Credit Card Interest, Insurance, Gas, and Modifying it, I was spending WAAAAAAAAAY to much money on a 1992 honda, and I've accepted that, but since I was given the car for free, I luckily really haven't 'lost' very much money through this experiance when its all said and done. But I have learned how to do damn near ANYTHING to almost any honda civic ever made, I've done a motor swap on my OWN, and towed it to the track and back to see what it had, so I guess you could say "I've done everything I could have with the car, and experianced everything, and I have come to terms that its not worth investing any more money into it"

For the next month or two I'll be mixing it up and probably daily driving Kims half-ton just for a change of pace because driving the focus 100% of the time just isn't any fun. Its a great little car, but my biggest issues with it are coming to Fruition... It can barely pass cars when the A/C is on, It really is only getting 28-29mpg on the freeway, and its just kinda a 'basic' car, so it is time to move on.

I will not be able to BUY a car for another month or 2, apparently I had an account hit collections that I forgot about 6 months ago for my canceled old phone service (home phone that we had for a month when we first move in) that got kicked to "Deragetory" so my credit score dropped for July :(, I paid that immediatly, and 100% of my credit debt will be gone by the end of the month making September/October Debt-Free, with all accounts paid 100% which should help knock my score up so I don't get raped on used car interested when I buy my next car...

Sorry for the rant, Just kinda needed to Vent.

Any other sub 18K cars I should be test driving guys? :hs:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
well congrats on selling it. its never fun to see a car go that you've invested so much time and money into, whatever that car may be, but if youre like me you do eventually get "tired" of it and want to experience different things. good luck finding your next venture.

and yikes. if i had to choose between a base focus and a half ton brick, i dont know what id choose to drive either. haha

definitely get your finances in check before you start in w/ something else tho. smart move

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
well congrats on selling it. its never fun to see a car go that you've invested so much time and money into, whatever that car may be, but if youre like me you do eventually get "tired" of it and want to experience different things. good luck finding your next venture.

Yea, I guess I did essentially get 'tired' of it... It was alota fun, but it just become tiring to keep needing to upgrade other parts to keep up with parts I've already upgraded, and then the fact that its the size of a shopping cart with similar ride qualities just gets wearing.

and yikes. if i had to choose between a base focus and a half ton brick, i dont know what id choose to drive either. haha

The focus is my DD since Dec of 06, so the truck is a unique change of pace, Kinda like driving my living room sofa to work.

definitely get your finances in check before you start in w/ something else tho. smart move

Yea, I figured it would be the right thing to do. With all my debt eliminated I'll just be left with the essentials (Car payment, insurance *which dropped drastically*, and focusing on bettering myself at work etc)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
and the final Hurrah:

PIC-0068.jpg

PIC-0069.jpg

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
well congrats on selling it. its never fun to see a car go that you've invested so much time and money into, whatever that car may be, but if youre like me you do eventually get "tired" of it and want to experience different things.

word on this. You learn after awhile tehre are other things to do, try, or have in life. Thus the reason for the t/a going, i needed something to help make my life on my own easier. And its come in very handy these last 3-4 days

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
Please tell me what the fuck is that suppose to mean? Try to help my mexican ass to comprehend. ???

There are people in this world who have no understanding of the word class. Dasfinc thinks that because he isn't Mexican his car couldn't possibly be rice. That car is a fine representation of the word rice and Dasfinc is a fine representation of white trash.

If I was a moderator I would ban your ass for being a racist fucking cock sucker Dasfinc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info